how to save a life

Start from the beginning

"i'm sorry."

our eyes meet now, him closer now as he walks over to the side of my bed. i shrugged lightly, holding in a wince from the simple gesture that only seemed to cause pain.

"not your fault my parents are problematic," i whispered flicking my lips into a gentle smile and the action causes my heart to soar when finn grins back.

"still, i know you don't like it when they fight."

"well yeah, but you're here so i think that's good enough."

i see his hands move over my face, feeling the way he runs the pad of his finger over my chapped lip and cheek, before suddenly fixing and pulling at my beanie, chuckling at my small frown when he playfully pulls it over my eyes.

i giggled lowly, managing to bat his hand away before fixing the hat myself.

even without hair now, he still looks at me with bright eyes. like i'm the sun.

if i'm his sun he's my universe.

vast colors of pinks, blues, greens, and purples, surrounded by dark clouds of hurt and speckled of infinite stars and planets that make up for it with hope and adoration for life itself. all encompassing, mesmerizing, and gravitational with freckled constellations on his skin that seemed never ending.

"you're beautiful."

the words leave my lips unexpectedly but i couldn't find it in myself to really mind, even if i didn't count on it.

the young man's cheeks turn a dark cherry red and i smiled as he hid his face in his hands, elbows resting on the side of my blankets.

"brown stop trying to make me blush! i look like a watermelon when i do."

"that was my point."

"brown!"

his overwhelming grin melts away after a couple of seconds and soon mine is too; just the calming silence of being with one another.

i'm so lost in thoughts; in the silence, that i don't even realize is his face moving closer, and lips pressing to mine sweetly.

breathlessly.

shakily my hand finds its way into his hair, tugging at his collared shirt and pulling him in even longer when he tries to break the kiss.

there's something different about that way our lips move than before; and maybe it's the way that it never seems like enough; like how i could stay here with him for hours on end until our lips turn blue. my insides turning to jelly, with the feeling to dance at how he makes my heart swell.

absolutely smitten and taken.

i love you, i love you, i love you.

the words seem too simple, too easy. i've said them too many times to count now and it's never enough with him.

like i needed a whole new word to be created; to describe this particular warm—burning, feeling i was feeling.