Amissed-Chapter 1

I woke up in my cold hard bed, dispite the fact that I have been waking up in the same bed for nineteen years of my life it still feels unfimilar. My name is Nathaniel Braxton and I am apart of the amissed group. You're probably wondering what that is. Well let me enlighten you. When child is born their put through the Posterus Procedure, where the government is able to view the childs future. The procedure basically shows if the child is going to be a doctor or a lawyer, theif or drug dealer etcetera, you get the idea.  For the price of a fortune parents are able to change their childs future for the better if they are not please with how their child turns out. For parents who have a "bad" child, they have till the child turns eight to change their Posterus test or they'll be taken into captivity because they oppose a threat for the future. But really they just take us for our devious minds so we can do the dirty work for them. The people who are held in captivity are called the amissed. The amissed is made up of future theives who are now turned into spies, murderers into assassin's and dealers into agents. So why am I here? Well apparently my brother Riley and I hacked the Posterus system in the future, doesn't really sound like something I would do does it? Anyways, my parents weren't able to afford the change for us so the government threw us into a prision we now call home.  

        I looked over to my brother who was sleeping in the bed accross from me "Riley," I whisphered. He moved around a bit. "Riley!" "What?!" he turned to face me, his brown hair in a mess, blue eyes barely opened. Everyone says we look alike besides the fact my eyes are green, yet he's the better looking brother. "I'am trying to sleep, stop bugging me," he muffled the words into his pillow. "It's time to wake up" I threw my pillow at him and walk over to the sink to wash my face. Our room is basically a prison cell but the bars are hidden incase of a lock down and has a proper door. Just two single old, wooden beds, a sink and a toilet, luxury life. After I rinsed my face I played around with my hair until it looks decent. "You know, we should just sleep in once see what they do," says Riley "um, murder us? And make sure were never found? You do realize we live beside people who are capable of that," I say sarcastically, which is true, we have "future" murders living in the cells next to us. "Ha ha, funny we're the government's best hackers, they wouldn't know how to operate their systems without us" says Riley. Just as Riley finished his sentence loud alarms went off, the metal bars shot down closing our entrance and locking us in.