For the Stars

From: LocaNyan
For: Rick and Morty

Rick, did you ever think about Morty getting sex or whatever from somebody else? Like, there were plenty of opportunities, nothing holding him back. Like Morty said, the thing(s) between you two went unnamed. 

And Morty, why did you say that you didn't want to date Rick? I never understood that.

/-/-/-/-/--\-\-\-\-\

       Upon hearing such a question, Rick instantly drew his upper lip back in an expression of both disgust and pure hatred. He had been relaxing on his couch, listening to the rain while Morty was making something in the kitchen to surprise Rick as he wanted something to do that would allow him to dance and eat at the same time. Go figure.

       But now he was, more or less, pissed beyond reason. If anybody had ever thought about such a thing, he would have killed them.

       With a few shaky breaths, the man had calmed himself enough to muster up some sort of answer. 

       "Everybody thinks those things about their partner," he grumbled, running a hand through his hair and grabbing a glass of amber liquid, possibly scotch or something of the sort. "The kid very well could have done that, there's no doubt in my mind. But, and I do feel somewhat guilty when I say this, he would never have done that. I was all he knew, and I still am, technically. I was the only one he would be willing to do anything with at that point. He had - he still has, to some extent - this strange thing about him where he thought only I could give him what he wanted. So, yea, sure. While we had never given ourselves a title of sorts, there were plenty of opportunities where the kid could have gotten some from another party, and I did think about that often. But I always knew he wouldn't do that. He was too shy at the time, and, when it comes to sex, he still is, to an extent." With a chuckle, Rick seemed to relax again, hearing the brunet's music flowing in from the kitchen.

       "You almost done, babe? We have company, and they got a question for ya," Rick hollered, waiting to see if Morty heard him. Apparently he did because the brunet wandered into the room, wiping his hands on a dishrag. Of course he would be baking in a crop top and shorts. Did you expect any different?

       When the question reached the brunet's ears, he blushed slightly, biting his lip and staring at the floor for a moment. "I'm as-assuming you mean, like, fr-from that time when he f-first asked i-i-if I liked him? When he had to as-ask if I thought of him like I h-had thought of Richard?" Morty stared with askance in his gaze, hoping this was what was intended, before he huffed. 

       "It's true, at the time I didn't re-really have any in-in-intent to date him, o-or do anythi-thing with him, really. But that's because I didn't really kn-know what I was doing, and I th-thought that all re-relationships revolved ar-around what Richard had done, when he cl-climbed on me and asked if I wa-was ready for the ride of my l-life. I didn't like that, n-nor did I want it at the time." Morty rolled his eyes with a laugh when Rick huffed, the sound bordering a jealous/possessive growl. 

      "And, at the t-t-time, I ran by 'societal norms'. I did-didn'-n't think it would be acceptable to date your boss who i-is older by more th-than the societal allowance. But, uh . . . " he trailed off with a flirtatious look directed towards Rick, still sat on the couch, and the man laughed. "You see how he is now," Rick offered. "No fucks given and calling me Daddy." Morty nodded with a laugh, turning towards the kitchen when he heard a timer going off.

       "It wa-wasn't all because of Richard, but th-that was the biggest p-pa-art of it."