"This is one of my favorite books." He says picking up 'To kill a Mockingbird'. I keep my favorite books in my room, so if I can't sleep, I have something to read.

"I only read it if I can't sleep, but it's really good." I say, looking at all the other books. Damon puts down the book, and looks towards the huge flat screen TV, opposite my bed.

"Are you a book or TV person?" He asks, setting down his coat on my bed.

"I've only turned on that TV, twice." I laugh, hoping that answers his questions.

"I hope that you have a library, not just those five book." He smiles, brushing a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Of course, we do. You should see it one day." I state, trying not to gush about my love for that library.

"Why not now?" He suggests, grabbing my hands in excitement.

"I guess we could, everyone should be asleep." I mumble, hoping it's just Damon and I. "I should change, and then we can go."

He nods, taking a seat on my bed, I head into my closet and grab a pair leggings, a sweatshirt, and some socks. I walk over to the bathroom, glancing at Damon to find him laying on my bed with his eyes closed. I walk into the bathroom and start taking my makeup off, once it's off, I change out of my dress. Then I pull my hair into a ponytail, should I have dressed up more for Damon? What if he thinks I look ugly? What if he doesn't want me? Maybe I should change?

I try to sneak out of the bathroom without Damon noticing, but I was frozen in place.

Standing in front of my bed, was a shirtless Damon, with his muscled back turned to me. He had on some black sweat pants and was putting on a grey t-shirt. He senses my presence, and turns around so I get a full view of his strong chest, delicious abs, and v-line leading down to only what my mind can imagine.

"Hey, Daniel dropped off my suitcase." It took me a second to register who Daniel was, with Damon pulling on his shirt covering my distraction.

"Ok, I was gonna go change." I say pointing to the closet.

"There's no need to, you look gorgeous." He smiles, I can't help but blush.

"I still need to change." I state, walking to the closet, but he stops me by grabbing my hand.

"You don't need to change, you look beautiful to me and that's all that matters. Trust me, I'm your mate." He says seriously, but also smirks. I can't tell if it's the mate pull or not but I feel like I'm starting to grow intense feelings for him.

"Thanks, I guess we can go then." I sigh, lacing my fingers with his.

As we walk next to each other, I can't help but have a few questions for him.

"Can I ask a few questions?" I ask, playing with the hem of my sweatshirt.

"Yeah, go right ahead, darling." He answers, my heart skips a beat when he uses a nickname.

"Where's your pack located?"

"Along the west coast, it's a long drive from here."

"How old are you?"

"21, you?"

"18, do you have any siblings?"

"No, but I do have cousins."

"Since you want to go to the library so much, are you are reader?"

"Not really, my mother has a library in the pack house that I sometimes use but rarely."

"Then why did you want come?"

"Because you obviously love it, so I want to see what you love."

We now arrived at the library, the huge doors are closed like always. I let go of Damon's hand to open the door, I prance into the library like I always do. He slowly follows me inside.

"Welcome to my happy place." I smile at him, standing in the middle of the huge room, with my arms stretched out. I do a little spin, then start looking for a book. Damon wanders farther in, looking around at all the books.

"Wow, this is huge compared to my mothers." Damon mumbles, I keep looking for 'Pride and prejudice' but can't seem to find it. "What are you looking for?"

"One of my books, 'Pride and Prejudice.' Actually." I say, still looking around the room. I see Damon walk over to the bay window and it reminds that I left the book there. I walk over and grab the book from the seat. "Found it."

"This is an amazing view." Damon sighs, staring out the window.

"It's my favorite part of the whole castle. I love what's on the other side of the border." I say sitting down, still looking out the window.

"Have you never been to the ocean?" He says, realizing what's on the other side.

"No, the last time I left the castle grounds was when I was 3." I say, looking at him.

"That's terrible, I promise, as your mate, that I will make your life 10 times better than this, that I will make every one of your wishes come true, and that you will never be locked up again." Once he finishes, he leans down and locks his lips with mine. Kissing him is like the rest of the world disappears and it's just me and him, in endless space. He slowly pulls away, both of us breathless.

"Are you going to read your book?" Damon asks, looking down at the book I'm holding, in between us.

"Oh- uh-ye-um-yeah yeah." I stutter, still recovering from the kiss.

"Why don't you read it to me?" He suggests, sitting down right in front of me.

"Ok, sure, have you read this book before?" I ask, opening the book.

"No, I've only read a few books." He says, then he turns around and lays down, placing his head in my lap.

"Ok, I'll start at the beginning."

And that's how we spent most of the night until, I started to yawn and Damon said we should go to sleep. I bring the book back to my bedroom just in case. As I slide into bed, almost asleep, I feel two arms wrap around my waist, pulling towards Damon. He then grabs my hand and laces our fingers together.

"Goodnight, Aria."

"Goodnight, Damon"

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

How did you guys like this chapter?

What about Damon's little speech?

What are you thoughts on Aria's parents?

Let me know in the comment

Don't forget to vote!!

Word count:1643