Chapter 3: Highschool Sweetheart

Slurping on the iced cola, we slouched on the metallic sheen chairs on the ornate pavement. Starved to death, I gorged on the spaghetti with meatballs.

I always have a thing for Italian cuisine and British accent.

After exact fifteen minutes of devouring the soul of food, I looked up at his kittenish face.

"Eat right, kiddo. Are you straight from life with Tarzan? "

He took a clean tissue and rubbed away all the red tomato sauce, plastered around my mouth.

"Sorry, I didn't eat breakfast. With the hungover, I had a whale appetite."

The cool breeze caressed away on my bare skin. Autumn fall has the beautiful rustling of dried deep orange leaves, singing its golden oldie. The fervid sun burned slightly in the blue sky.

Perfect day.

"How was the presentation?"

"Wonderful. I got an A. Everyone was astounded that I took things seriously for the first time."

"Good to hear."

"So, back to you. How much do you remember?"

"Try me."

"Do you remember the time when you um.. sprayed every handles with pepper spray?"

"I did that?",

" Yes. You brought the whole school a sneeze massacre. Boy, that's a funny one."

I took his right wrist into my hand and showed a white scar, which ran in a bold straight line.

"Remember this?"

"No."

"This was your signature scar. You got it when you fought Brian,the bully to near death. Since then, you weren't a person, you became a problem."

His aghast face was held between his two hands, running through his beard. His eyes scrutinized his memory to find the slightest clue that all of this is not real.

"You once smashed the shit out of Mr. Stan's brand new car. He resigned and never came back"

He opened his mouth with shock, like he was never ready for this much of devilry.

"I forget the whole of my high school years"

"The darkest period in your history"

"What?"

"You were 'The Bad Boy' of the Valentina High. Everyone feared you. You hunted everyone who crossed your path. Your records have almost every atrocities from flirtatious tease to flaming the director office"

"Sounds like a real badass"

"And, now you are not?"

"Nothing like those years. Graduated in Harvard. Major league in boxing. Won almost all competition. Never been late to class nor skipped classes. Hatred to drugs. Never tried smoking."

"And?"

The climacteric sixty four thousand dollars question.

"Where is the part when you get a girlfriend?"

"Well. I had none"

He scratched his five-o-clock shadow, while his smile turned into a flustered grin. His eyes twinkled with a flicker of fidelity.

"What? How could someone so hot be single?"

His cherubic face, his chiseled jaw and oh so sparkling eyes is a deadly sin. This virile and elite gentleman can make any woman fall in love at very first sight.

And my first thought,

Eight years before, he were reckless, I was reluctant. Now, everything is changed.

Should I confess my buried feelings for him?

"I want to find my high school sweetheart."

"So, that's why you are here. To find Bethany."

Scratch that.