Chapter 1

Thomas sat, facing the sea, lost in his thoughts. It has been two weeks since they reached the island....Since the death of Newt and Teresa.

He still can't believe he lost them both, on the same day. That single wretched day. He turned around to see Minho, Sonya, Harriet, Frypan, Brenda and many other sitting around a fire, talking. He knew he ought to join them, but he just wanted to he alone for some more to remember Newt and Teresa in peace.

He closed his eyes, memories flying around in his head. How he had tried so hard to make sure Newt didn't go ballistic and kill him or himself, for that matter....Newt didn't want to become like the other cranks. He didn't want to go crazy and kill his own friends. But he did become a crank and Thomas was unable to save him. His head felt heavy, remembering the letter Newt wrote to him. The letter his best friend wrote to him. He looked at the capsule which held the cure, in his hand. The Cure that Teresa gave to him.

The name Teresa made another jolt of pain and guilt flood through him. The kiss they shared.....Thomas scrunched his eyes in  sorrow. The last thing that Teresa said to him, with their foreheads pressed together, echoed in his head, "I'm sorry....I tried."

He knew that. He knew Teresa hadn't intended to hurt anyone. She was just doing what she thought was right. And she was. She did discover the cure after all.

He felt tears well up in his eyes, as he remembered his reply and the kiss that followed after. It felt right, kissing her. Thomas really thought that they were going to die on the roof. He was losing a lot of blood and there was no way, he thought, to escape. And he was ready to die. Sure, he was leaving a lot of people behind - Minho....after just getting him back after so much trouble, Frypan...whom he had grown close with and Brenda....the girl who liked him and wouldn't leave him behind. But, atleast, he was gonna get to die with Teresa, lying in her arms, his head against her chest and her cheek placed softly over his hair. He felt at peace, as he awaited his death. The heat from the fire around them  increased as they heard the familiar flapping sound of a Berg.

His friends had come for him. He tried his best to walk toward them, his arm around Teresa, her small body trying to hold him up. However his legs gave out, pulling Teresa down with him. She, somehow, managed to raise him up, again. He vaguely remembers her yelling, "Bring it closer."

Finally, she pushed him on to the platform where Minho and everyone pulled him up. He heard them shouting to her, "Come on.","Give your hand."

And then, a taller building than the one Teresa was standing on crashed on it, causing Teresa to fall to the floor. He shouted, "Teresa..", turning around even though the throbbing pain in his stomach was unbearable.

She got up, slowly, looking at him with a small smile. He stared at her, as the floor on which she stood gave out, making her fall.

"NOOOOOO...", He screamed, as he watched her fall to the ground from the top of a 10 storey building. Her entire being disappearing in front of him, along with the building debris. It happened so fast, but Thomas saw every single detail in small motion.

Thomas remembered the way she smiled before the building fell. It was almost like she was making her peace with the fact that she didn't belong with them and after everything she put them through, she deserved to die.

He wiped the few tears that had escaped from his eyes, and stood up. He headed back to the others when he crossed the rock. The memory rock where everyone carved their loved ones' name whom they had lost in this battle to safety. He saw Alby's, Ben's, Newt's and Chuck's name on it. He knew Gally was the one who carved Chuck's name onto this. He touched the spot where Chuck's and Newt's name was present before smiling at it sadly, and walking back to the others.

____________________________

So, Here's my second book. An after The-Death-Cure-movie book !! I love Thomesa so much !! Teresa Agnes is a wonderful girl...Not a traitor. She deserved a happy ending and not to die.
Anyone who says otherwise, I will fight them.

Anyway, please comment and vote if you like this. Tell me what you would like to see in the story..