19 - LILO AND STITCH

AFTER JAYNE DROPPED REMY AT HER HOUSE, TONY TOOK HIM TO THE FACILITY. It had taken some deliberation with Brad, who didn't feel right about just dumping Remy off to the first set of hands that were available—"as his godfather, I would like to take care of him and make sure he's okay"—but in the end he was able to take him, deciding to just buy the kid some new clothes if he was going to have to end up reusing the ones Jayne had packed for him in his suitcase when he was to sleep over at her place.

"Why are you called Happy if you're so grumpy?" Remy asked from the backseat, and Happy just sighed heavily, ignoring the question entirely.

Tony laughed from where he was seated, hoping that the boy's good mood would stay, because he had absolutely no idea what to do if he started to cry. All the times he had been there at Jayne's when he cried, Brad had been the one to comfort him. The man being a school guidance counselor, he knew a thing or two about comforting children, but Tony had no clue. He just sat there or just rested his hand on the boy's shoulder, wishing he could do more, but not quite knowing how.

He wasn't even so sure if the boy even was in a good mood.

Nevertheless, he tried to pretend that everything was fine as they pulled up to the facility, Remy making a sound of shock and approval, stepping out of the car and gawking at it for a few moments while Happy pulled out his suitcase.

"Reminds me of the kid. The other one," Happy said, jerking his head towards Remy before making his way up, bringing him up to one of the various empty rooms.

"Why'd you sell the tower?" Remy finally asked, turning to look at Tony over his shoulder.

Tony smiled sadly, glad that the boy had turned back to admiring the facility. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he looked up at it as well, sighing, "I mean, I'd been staying at the old compound before, but it just didn't feel right to have the tower anymore either. I think it was best that we all went somewhere else."

Remy looked back up at him. "I'm sorry."

Tony sighed, smiling down at him. The kid was more observant than anyone gave him credit for; or, rather, more than anyone wanted to admit. There was no keeping anything from him, so it was best that he just not.

"We're okay, kid," he sighed, walking over and placing a hand on his shoulder, guiding him inside, "Now, c'mon, I'll take you on a tour. The inside's cooler anyways."

º º º

Remy missed his mom. A lot. He had just settled into his room which was nearly as big as his actual home, his bed large enough to take up half the space in his room back home. It was like being in a hotel, everything was much more new and exciting.

"How's it going, kid?" Tony asked, opening the door and peeking in for a moment, "Also, there's someone who wants to meet you. Are you up for it?"

Remy sat up from where he was sprawled out across the large bed, propping himself up onto his hands. "I'm good. And, yeah, okay."

Tony smiled, pulling out his phone and pressing record, a holograph appearing and showing a video of Remy. Nodding to whomever was behind the door, Tony stepped aside and let them pass, grinning as the young boy gasped loudly, eyes like saucers.

Vision smiled politely as he floated into the room, coming to pause a foot or so away from the bed, so as not to overwhelm the boy. "It's wonderful to finally meet you, Remy. How are you doing?"

Remy stammered for a response, glancing over to Tony who was grinning like a madman, still recording. "I-I'm good. How-how are you? Do you even feel anything, are you a robot, or...?"