Chapter 8

Evie POV

We were just hanging out and watching horror movies with Ace's gang. He explained it all to me that he and his dad had separate gangs that occasionally teamed up with one another to help each other out.

We were currently just binge watching Paranormal Activity. I always loved this show and there was a new season that we were watching. I

About thirty minutes into the new episode, I realized that I hadn't danced in a few days.

"Ace?" I whispered.

"Yes angel?" he said looking down at me.

"I haven't danced in a while, do you have a place where I could?" I said as I stretched my arms a bit.

"Of course, I have a bit of work to get done as well so I'll have Nick take you," he responded. 

I heard him say something to Nick before he got up, bringing me with him. After walking part way down a hall, he set me down and placed a kiss on my forehead before opening up a random door, which I'm guessing was his office, and disappeared. 

As Nick continued to guide me down the continuous halls I heard Nick mumble something along the lines of 'he's so damn whipped'. 

He opened a big glass door and presented a large open room with windows and mirrors lining the walls. He went over and sat in a big chair. 

I plugged my phone into the aux cord and turned on the speakers. took off my top leaving me in a sports bra. I quickly re-did my hair so that it was in a ponytail. 

I turned on a random song and walked to the middle of the floor. I started with a simple warm up and then turned it into a simple hip-hop improv. I'm glad I had worn tennis shoes over because it made it much easier to dance in. 

I must have been dancing for a while because after a while I broke out of my little world as a song ended. I looked up in the mirror to see Ace and Nick sitting and watching me. 

My face turned bright red and my gaze went back to my shoes. I walked back to the stereo and looked at the time. It had been around two o'clock when I turned on the first song. It was now around five thirty. 

I had been dancing for over three hours!? Wow, I guess I was in a little trance.

Sweat was running down my neck and my ponytail wasn't even really a ponytail anymore. My muscles were screaming in pain and my feet ached. 

I wiped the sweat off of my brow and unplugged my phone from the speakers. I walked over to them after replacing my shirt.

"Did you dance that whole time?" Ace said as he brought me into his arms. 

"Yeah," I said, looking back down at my shoes. 

"Yeah and it was good too, you got moves," Nick said as he got up and stretched out his back.

I mumbled a 'thanks' and buried my face back into Ace's chest. I had always been the shy type and didn't like it when all the attention was on me. 

Both boy's chuckled as Ace hooked his arms under my thighs and lifted me up into his arms. I sighed in relief as most of the pressure was taken off of my legs and feet. 

We then started the long trek back to the living room. Once we got there, he headed back out the front door to his car. 

"I would keep you here all night, but I promised your dad that I would have you back tonight," he sighed as he set me down in the passenger seat. 

I just laughed and buckled up. As we started off into the darkness I reach over and turn on the radio. 

As the song Would You Go With Me by Josh Turner came on I let out a soft squeal. I had always loved this song and me and my dad always sang it to

I heard Ace let out a small chuckle as I turned the volume up higher. I started singing along.

Would you go with me if we rolled down streets of fire

Would you hold onto me tighter as the summer sun got higher

If we roll from town t town and never shut it down

Would you go with me if we were lost in fields of clover

Would we walk even closer until the trip was over 

And would it be okay if I didn't know the way

If I gave you my hand would you take it 

and make me the happiest man in the world

If I told you my heart couldn't beat one more minute without you girl

Would you accompany me to the edge of the sea 

Let me know if you're really a dream

I love you so, so would you go with me

Would you go with me if we rode on clouds together

Could you not look down forever

If you were lighter than a feather 

Oh, and if I set you free, would you go with me 

If I gave you my hand would you take it and

Make me the happiest man in the world

If I told you my heart wouldn't beat one more minute without you, girl

Would you accompany me to the edge of the sea 

Help me tie up the ends of a dream

I gotta know, would you go with me 

I love you so so would you go with me.

I finished the lyrics of the song as I heard the deep baritone voice of Ace finishing it as well. 

As I turned to look at him, astonished,. He sent me a sly smirk.

"I'm full of surprises angel don't you worry," he said with a wink.

"Shut up," I mumbled, as I looked back out the window, blushing.

The last thing I remember that night is that Ace had taken me home and put me to bed. I was into much of a sleeping daze to take in what was happening.

Though I vaguely remember a soft kiss getting placed on my head before slipping back into a deep slumber.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I know that this chapter was short, but I am going to be starting a new book! I will continue to update this one and the other as well but it might not be as frequent. It is called Luna Llena Goddess if you are interested. I hope you enjoyed! Please vote and comment! <3 <3 <3