Chapter Seventeen

"No! You can't do that. You promised us two weeks. Two weeks. You are not allowed to take him off early. He'll only have two days left then." I say pacing around the room as Elton and Corey sit in the chair.

"Colby he's just doing his job. It cost a lot to keep people on life support."

"We have enough money Elton! He's not doing his job. He's killing Sam!" I say louder, "you can't kill him. He's been there for me since I can even remember."

"I'm sorry sir. I'm just following orders from my boss. You have two days with Sam. If he doesn't wake up then we have to pull the plug." The doctor says walking out of the room.

I drop my hands and look down at the ground, defeated. I slowly look over at Sam's lifeless body.

"I - I can't be here right now." I say rushing out of the room.

"Wait! Colby!" Elton screams.

"Just let him go." Corey says. I hide by the wall and see Corey sit Elton down. I lean my head against the wall before I force my self to push off the wall and continue walking.

Seeing my car I start to sprint towards it. Getting inside the old smelly car I put it in drive and head to the beach.

"This can't happen. He's supposed to live!" I say slapping the steering wheel.

"You can't take him!" I scream. I pull over on the road and lean my head on the steering wheel.

"He's supposed to live his life. He's supposed to have a great career. I'm supposed to tell him how I feel....that I love him." I say quietly as I feel tears roll down my face.

"He can't leave me. He can't leave this world. He......he still had a life to live."

And what if he doesn't want to live his life?

"He does"

What if he doesn't want to spend his life with you

"He does. He's been there since band camp"

He hates you Colby. You caused him pain!

"He loves me"

No he doesn't

"He's not supposed to die though. He's supposed to live"

It's his time. It's the right thing.

"No.....he can't leave me though...he just can't." I say to the voices. I look up and out the windshield and watch the cars drive by.

Breathing in sharply I put the car back in drive and turn around heading back to the hospital to spend the last two days I have with Sam.

_________________________

Last chapter of the day!!!!! I'll see you all tomorrow. Would you want one chapter tomorrow or two?????

One chapter tomorrow: Two chapters Thursday

Two chapters tomorrow: One chapter Thursday