Doing it for the Kids - 8

Hendrick couldn't remember even being so terrified, there were so many bad snakes around here, venomous and deadly, on the ranch they were vigilant in keeping predators out, but these damned snakes could get anywhere. It was ironic that the more deadly they were the more they seemed to invade the camp. His heart was pounding as he dragged on a pair of jeans, his thick walking boots and a t-shirt, it was raining, hard, but he didn't have time to find a coat. At the door to his home, he flicked open a box, grabbing his rifle and a spade, he ran out into the torrential rain.

Violet was hiding behind the island at the center of the kitchen; she had her eyes peeled, half expecting the reptile to appear around one of the sides at any second, and each of those seconds felt like an hour. She felt sick with terror, she was sure the snake could hear her heart pounding, her breath dragging out of her lungs, the smell of her sweat, the smell of her fear. They were great predators weren't they? Sly and cunning.

Suddenly she heard a crash, it sounded like a car hitting a brick wall. She was shaking, tears rolling down her face; it was more than her nerves could take. Then it came, the best sound in the whole world, a reassuring strong voice.

"Violet? Where are you?" Hendrick's hushed voice.

"Here," she sobbed, her body not responding to her desire to stand up.

Suddenly he was there, squatting down next to her, pulling her to feet, then taking her shuddering body into his arms.

"Hey it's ok," he was soaked from the rain but Violet didn't care, she was finally safe. "It wasn't as dangerous as I thought, anyway it's cut in half. You're safe now."

Guiding her through the kitchen, he deposited her in the hallway whilst he went back into the kitchen to clean up the mess. Emerging with a bin bag, he dived back out into the torrential rain. By the time he got back to the porch, he was drenched from head to foot. Violet had managed to find a few towels and stood holding them still shaking. He took one and dried his face, then slid his sodden shirt off, draping it over a chair, and drying his body. Violet couldn't look away, there was something ridiculously erotic about the sight of his wet glistening body. All of a sudden her heart was racing, adrenaline pumping for a different reason.

Violet looked up into his eyes as he toweled his hair again, aggressively, he'd already kicked off his boots.

"Do you mind if I stay until the rain eases?"

She shook her head, "Hendrick, thanks....for saving me!"

He laughed, "I don't think it was going to kill you." He saw her face, the fear was still there and he wanted to make her feel better, admitting it was a lethal black mamba that could've killed her would not help the situation. Pulling her close, he wrapped his arms around her; she rested her head against his bare chest, feeling the thud of his heart through his ribs.

She was killing him, her hair pulled up into a pony tail, thin cotton pajamas leaving little to the imagination and her terror; all tugged his libido in so many directions. She seemed naive, young, innocent, he had this urge to protect her, yet she was curvy, beautiful and sexy, all stimulating feelings that were inappropriate as she calmed down from one of the most terrifying experiences of her life.

As she breathed deeply, she could see his flat nipple harden, feel his heart rate increase, all because of her. Violet's throat was dry as she looked up and met his downward lazy gaze. She couldn't resist, fear mixed violently with lust and she no longer knew why she was shaking as she reached up, craning her lips to meet his. With a moan, he pounced on her mouth, covering it with his own. He was dominating her, plundering her lips, teasing her, his tongue wanting to be inside her.