chapter 5 {their unbreakable bond}

Start from the beginning

But he'd forgiven her.

Time goes by quickly, as Teresa eventually hauls Thomas onto the Berg. He yells for her, yet the building to the side gives way, and smashes onto the platform Teresa is still stood on.

She yells, and falls to her knees.

"Teresa!" Thomas yells, as the building groans from impact.

She gets up, her eyes flooded with tears. She knows it's too late. But she's satisfied and glad that Thomas is safe. She smiles at him, a small, yet brave smile.

The ground beneath her gives way, and she falls along with the crumbled ruins of WICKED.

"No!" her haunted voice rips through the silent air.

She bolts upright, sweaty and fearful. "No! No! No, no" she begins to cry, covering her face with her hands.

Thomas, who awoke to her first yell, scrambles out of bed quickly, and holds her. He hushes her as she cries, still terrified. The dream was too real. Way too real. That's why she's panicking so bad.

I should be dead. Why. . .how am I still here? Am I even alive? Is this even real?, Teresa thinks.

Thomas gently smooths her hair down her back, hoping it'll calm her down from whatever nightmare she had. He knows there were many reasons why she had a nightmare - Griever's, the deaths escaping the Maze, Cranks, WICKED, the fire on the rooftop. . .probably many more.

A few minutes later, her breathing steadies. Thomas begins to calm down, too. He gets stressed if she does. There's a quiet knock on the door, yet it makes Teresa jump. Instinctively, she grips onto Thomas's shirt, worried he'll be dragged away from her.

"Come in" Thomas calls out.

Vince opens the door, Minho beside him, holding a lantern.

"She okay? What happened?" Vince asks Thomas, seeing Teresa's shaken up state.

"She had a nightmare. She's okay now, aren't you Teresa?" Thomas asks her.

She looks up at him, her blue eyes meeting his. She nods.

"Alright, well. . .get some sleep guys. I think you've only been asleep for about two hours anyways" Vince says, before walking away.

Minho still stands there.