chapter 5 {their unbreakable bond}

FIRE. It can spread pretty quickly, can't it? The smoke can kill you before the actual flames. The actual flames are hot, and burns and blisters form. It's difficult to breath, but normally, there's a way out. But for them, there wasn't.

They were stuck, stranded on the rooftop of WICKED, wrapped in each other's arms. She was terrified, and devastated. It turned out WICKED was selfish - the cure would only be given to the people chosen.

Tears were dripping down her face, and she looked up at the flames

Tears were dripping down her face, and she looked up at the flames. She was holding onto Thomas for dear life. All they had was each other, and they were going to die together.

Thomas was gasping, his lungs battling to breathe. His wound wasn't helping, either.

Teresa touched his face, as he leaned his head against her, his eyes watering too. Thomas sunk down, and they both rested their foreheads against one another.

It was just the two of them. They'd accepted that they'd die together. This was the end.

The end of WICKED. The end of them.

"I'm sorry," Teresa cried, her face scrunching up in sadness and in fear. "I tried" she choked out.

Thomas nodded at her, weakly struggling.

"I know"

Their faces were so close. They could feel each other's breath on each other's faces, despite the searing heat. They leaned in, and kissed. Explosions were going off in both of their stomachs, and it was a sweet, yet sad kiss

forgiveness and fate ☾  the maze runner On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara