Rosalin

Echoes of gunshots pound through the earplugs that I was given upon arrival. I sit in the dim observation room, peering through the bulletproof window every few minutes to see how they are doing. Kick watches as Ki Hong, Thomas and Dylan try their hand at shooting the guns that he's brought for them to use. I'm not sure why they're special, but Kick made them, so everyone trusts that they are the best. The rest of the group stand behind them, watching as they aim at the targets. 

Once the magazines are empty,  and the guns are placed back to the table, Thomas, Ki Hong and Dylan turn back to Kick to look for instruction. I watch his mouth move soundlessly as he gestures and shows them certain stances. Once Kick got on board, he seemed determined to succeed, and assisted by giving several briefs on the chosen weaponry. As well as bringing some of his "best soldiers," who turned out to be two people that none of us ever would have expected. Yet, we brought them back to Tennessee with us, where we now practice shooting guns an hour away from Seal County. 

Thomas wouldn't let me practice using the guns. He didn't want me near any danger at all, and he seemed to think that by not allowing me to carry a gun on the big day that it would keep me safer. I wasn't sure if I agreed or not, but I didn't want to start an argument with him in front of my brother. Especially since Hero already disapproved of Thomas, and seemed quite pleased with Thomas's request that I stay away from harm. I probably would have been embarrassed if Kaya wasn't shooting either. She would be in the security van, keeping an eye on things with Ki Hong. I was certain that Ki Hong was just shooting for fun, since he seemed to  admire Kick so much. 

Hero came with us, of course. He left Asket behind in Florida with her sisters. She wasn't due for two more weeks, so Hero's hope was that she wouldn't give birth until he made it home again. He was a little worried about how she would handle everything while he was away, but I know that Asket is tough. She'll be just fine. 

Finally, I notice that they seem to be loading up the guns and tossing their own ear plugs in the garbage can. I pull my earplugs out too, and the group bottlenecks through the door. First out is Kaya, Hero and Will, followed by the two extra rebels that Kick brought, Pick and Berenjena. I stare at them as they stand in the corner, waiting for Kick to come out with Thomas, Ki Hong and Dylan. Like I mentioned, they weren't at all what anyone was expecting. 

First of all they were both females. Not that I was against females at all, but when Kick told us that he would be bringing two of his "best soldiers" called Pick and Berenjena, I never would have imagined two females. 

Pick was by far the more intimidating of the two. She was tall, with jaw-length brown hair, sage-green eyes and a muscular frame. Berenjena was shorter, only standing a couple inches taller than me, with long hair that looked like crow's feathers, hazel eyes that reminded me of warm macaroons, and a more wiry, flat-chested physique. 

When I asked Kick if Pick and Berenjena were their real names, he simply answered me that everyone who worked for him had a fake name, in order to conceal their identities. He was the only one who knew their real names. I spent an embarrassing amount of time staring at them on the ride home, trying to figure out what I thought their names would be, but nothing seemed to fit them. 

After a while, they finish putting the guns away and Kick leads out Thomas, Ki Hong and Dylan. Each one of them hold a gun case in their hands. Kick stops in front of the group and announces, "All right, now that you've all had a go with these guns, it's time for smaller group training. Thomas and Hero - I want you both with me. Kaya and Ki Hong, go with Pick to the studio. You two will be on security on the day of, so I expect if you get involved in any combat, it'll be hand-to-hand, and Pick is the best one to teach that to you. Stephanie, you go with them too. You need to learn a little hand to hand. Dylan and Will, I want you two with Berenjena. Work in the smaller shooting range. Everyone clear?"