Analyzing Romantics

Author: I'm doing this before, because I want to recommend you listen to the song that is referenced later in this chapter when it pops up. I'm being vague, because I don't believe in spoilers, but hopefully you'll understand what I'm talking about. Also, for those of you who haven't seen the comment thread in the previous chapter, I'm going to be moving across the country in a few months, which is why I've been lame about updating lately. To those of you who have already expressed warm wishes and congratulations - thank you my dears, you are all so lovely! :) Enjoy the chapter! 

-Sunny

"Are you sure you want me to come?" I say nervously, "I won't be any help, and Ki Hong actually knows this guy. Plus, I think Ki Hong really wants to go."

"No, we need someone here to stay and keep an eye on things. As much as I trust the others, they aren't natural leaders. I need someone to stay behind who knows how to deal with a crisis." Thomas says, stepping in front of the mirror.

He wears a suit and tie with shined shoes on his feet. I must admit, he looks rather suave, although I'm not sure the same thing could be said for myself. Everything I've worn since I've arrived here has been borrowed from Asket, unlike most of my friends, who had the options of bringing their own clothing and necessities. Therefore, I wear one of Asket's dresses, which feels a little too tight, since she's skinnier than I am. It's a trimmed lavender dress made of tulle. Asket, of course, picked it out. I'm sure that she had something else that wouldn't have been as tight on me, but she insisted that I wear this one. Then, she gave me a pair of sensible heels to match.

"Kick escaped Clear Hearts by paying off some of his gambling debts on his own." Thomas explains, while looking in the mirror to straighten his tie, "Anon wouldn't have let him go if he didn't have something on him, though. Kick had to have some kind of blackmail on Anon, and he must have let him know that he did. Although, from what I heard, Kick did most of his bargaining with Ricky, which has always seemed strange to me. However, if Kick had something on Anon, it makes sense that he would do most of his negotiating with Ricky."

I nod, thinking, "Why is he called Kick?"

Thomas grins, turning back to look at me, "It isn't because he's good at kicking. Trust me. You realize that he's a weak ass kicker when you play football - soccer, whichever pleases you, with him. He's called Kick because he makes weapons that have a kick. He's incredible at what he does. He's like Tony Stark before he became Iron Man."

I chuckle, "I can't believe you just made that reference, you nerd." 

"Iron Man is the best. Of course, I made that reference. I saw the opportunity and I took it." Thomas nods, "Anyway, Kick still makes and sells guns. It's his current profession. Although, I don't think he does it legally. I'm pretty sure it's through the black market, which is something I choose to ignore and chose to withhold in the presence of your brother, seeing as he's FBI. No need to make any of our jobs more difficult right now." 

I raise my eyebrows, "The black market!?"

Thomas laughs, looking at me, "Not to bad people. Kick has standards. He only sells to people he trusts; people with good causes." 

I laugh, sarcastically, "Well, now I feel much better."

Thomas laughs, "Come on, doll face, we don't want to be late."

"Doll face." I chuckle, starting to follow him out of the room. 

He turns around in the door way of my room to face me. Slipping his hand in mine, he pulls me closer, "I call you doll face because you have a pretty face."