[12] BOGIES pt. 1

Depuis le début

"I'm the customer, and if I say so, you have to take this toaster back!" The two mock the woman in unison, breaking up in laughter like a couple of teenage boys.

"You know what's funny?" Calum starts, poorly attempting to muffle his cackling.

"What's that?"

"I don't even think that toaster came from our store."

Ashton doubles over with mirth, holding onto Calum's shoulder for support. He's gonna be laughing himself red about this woman for weeks. Thank goodness for suburban soccer moms.

They reach Calum's Volkswagen and as Ashton is bidding him goodnight, Calum stops him before he gets to his own car.

"Hey, Ash," Calum calls, waiting until Ashton turns around to face him to continue. "I don't wanna be all mushy about it, but, I'm really happy for you and Mel."

Ashton wasn't expecting that. It's embarrassingly one of the nicest things Calum's ever said to him, as well.

"Thanks." Ashton sincerely says, wanting to convey how glad he is to hear that. "Goodnight, man."

Calum sends a thumbs up his way as he ducks into his car. "Night."

Ashton gets himself situated in his own vehicle, snatching off his name tag and tossing it into his cup holder, when he hears Calum's voice once again.

He's eased up next to him on his way to the exit, head leaned out of the window as Ashton rolls his down.

"Hey, bring me back one of those huge teddy bears, will ya? You shouldn't be the only one getting cuddled tonight."

Ashton barks out a laugh, sending the boy off with a honk as he watches him drive out of the parking lot.

Thank goodness for Calum Hood.

 ♡  

"How do you even know what a bogey is?" Ashton asks, voice incredulous and high as he slings his arm over Mellony's shoulder.

"I don't, all I know is you got it twelve times, and you're losing." Mellony teases, though she contradicts it by getting on the tips of her sneakers and pressing a kiss to Ashton's jaw.

He grumbles as a form of reply, bending to catch her in a proper kiss before she returns to her normal height.

"You're only winning because you're almost as short as the dang golf clubs." Ashton jokes.

She sucks her teeth while smiling, fruitlessly trying to push him away from her. "Oh, be quiet, you sound like Neo."

Ashton feigns surprise. "Neo says dang now? Geez, we'd better watch that kid."

Mellony snickers, melting into his side, and Ashton decides that this is his favorite place to be. Next to Mellony with grins on both of their faces. He used to think that whole, sometimes home is a who not a where thing was stupid, but now he realizes he unpacked with Mellony the moment he met her.

Both figuratively and literally, he thinks.

"Shoot," The girl sighs, lazily lacing her fingers with Ashton's. "It's getting late, we gotta go get Neo from my mom's."

Ashton hums to show he's heard her. They'd been out for maybe five hours, and Ms. Martin has a Pilates class to take in the morning. It's about time to call it a night anyway, according to the employees that have started bumbling around the course.

"Alright. You better be happy, 'cause I was just about to get good." Ashton's humor meets no reaction, and he inquisitively raises his brows at her.

She's staring at her phone, intently reading whatever's on the screen. Ashton stops their stride, tugging her away from the groups of people walking around them.

"What is it, Mel?"

"My mom just asked me if we made it home with Neo yet." She says, emptied of the lighthearted mood she'd had moments ago. "Why is she asking me that?" Mellony's tone reveals her panic, and so do her sudden steps towards the entrance.

Ashton's head becomes clouded with worry for her and Neo, who is apparently on the way home. The man doesn't even know where to begin with this, but he can see Mellony dialing her mother a few paces ahead of him, so hopefully they can figure this out.

A/N: uh oh spaghettios

hey guys

if you enjoyed this chapter, let me know!!! also feel free to comment what you think is going on with Neo! I love seeing where you guys think the story's headed!! love y'all to pieces xoxo