f o u r t y s e v e n • The Yule Ball

Start from the beginning

You suddenly felt a surge of emotion, one you couldn't quite place.

"(Y/n), I—"

A cloaked figure emerged from the lake, pulling out a wand. You furrowed your eyebrows, confused on who the mysterious person was.

When they quickly shot a spell towards Draco with a flash of green light.

"Look what you've done here, (Y/n)." The voice tsked at you as if he were scolding you.

"Who... who are you?!" You finally got the words out. The voice sounded familiar... yet you couldn't place it.

Darkness began to bleed into the scene. The once tranquil lake turned to one of chaos. You wanted to run at him, when you felt your feet planted firmly on the ground. You wanted to scream, however no sound was able to escape.

You truly were helpless.

"Wake up (Y/n)! It's the day of the Yule Ball!" Pansy's voice shook you from your nightmare.

You sat straight up, eyes looking everywhere to make sure it wasn't real. It surely felt real.

However realistic your dream might've been, you wouldn't let it be real. You couldn't let it be real.

You absentmindedly listened to Pansy's rambling, more serious matters occupies your mind. Your dream had you thinking.

Would that happen?

Would you just be putting more people in danger?

Would being with Draco be worth the risk?

Plus, there was a whole new territory that frightened you beyond belief.

Your relationship with Harry only lasted maybe two or three months. And Harry is still slightly awkward around you.

What would happen if you broke up with Draco?

Would you still be friends?

Thousands of possibilities raced through your mind. You didn't think you could handle not being friends with Draco. That's nearly as painful as losing a member of your family.

"(Y/n)! Are you even listening?" Pansy interrupted your thoughts.

You nodded. Pansy raised an eyebrow. "Oh, so you do want to shag the lights out of Theo,"

Your eyes widened as you immediately made a face of disgust.

"Pansy. Don't make me vomit." You shuddered, trying to shake that horrid thought out of your mind. She laughed at your stricken face.

Pansy shrugged. "He's not that bad."

You rolled your eyes. "He is when you've had to deal with him for seven years."
~~~~~~~~

"You still don't have a date?" Ron asked Harry in their dorm.

Harry groaned. "I don't even want to hear it from you, Ron." The redhead chuckled in response.

Ron turned to Neville. "You're going with my sister, aren't you?"

Neville's eyes widened as he blushed, rubbing the back of his neck. He stammered out his yes.

"Hey, at least it's Neville going with Ginny. I know he won't try anything with her," Ron said, waving his hand dismissively.

"Harry? I may know someone who you can go with," Neville said quietly. "She's a year younger though, in case that bothers you..."