Drown in Liquid Gold | Valt x Shu

Start from the beginning

His eyes slowly peel open once he hears mumbling. Shu looks over to see a groggy Valt sit up in a mess of blankets and cross his arms over his bed, resting his chin on his folded arms. "Sorry. Did I wake you up?" Shu asks.

Valt shakes his head, peering up at Shu through his eyelashes. "Nah, I was just waking up."

Shu nods and looks back out the window. "Hey, what's wrong? I mean, you've been kinda distant lately," Valt comments.

"No need to worry, Valt. I'm just fine."

"Are you sure? Like, really, really, really sure?"

"Yes, I am really, really, really sure." 'He's always so nice,' Shu muses. 'That's probably why I love - stop thinking about that!'

Shu shakes his head. 'He likes that blonde girl at school who always talks to him. She even gave him a love letter, so I'm sure he will accept it...'

Valt frowns as he sees Shu's eyebrows dip down and his eyes flicker back to the window. "Shu..."

"Valt?"

"Y-yeah?"

"....do you like someone at school. Like like them?"

"Um, yeah." 'You.'

Shu's stomach drops. 'I knew it...' He sighs and pushes away from the window and bends down towards Valt face. Their noses are just barely touching and Shu feels Valt's breath against his face as he gently brushes his lips against Valt's. When he pulls back, Valt is shellshocked. His mouth gaps like a fish and his face is red.

Shu leaves the safety of the blankets and grabs his backpack, heading for the door. "Sorry for bothering you. See you tomorrow."

The crimson-eyed blader disappears through the door.

Valt finally snaps out of his trance and holds out a limp hand. "W-wait!" But Shu is already long gone.

The albino walking down the deserted sidewalk shakes his head. "That was a bad idea, that was a very bad idea," he mutters, clutching the strap of his backpack tightly. 'I'm an idiot!'

Back at the Aoi household, Valt frowns and faceplants on his bed. "Ugh, why didn't I say something!" his muffled voice questions. 'I'm an idiot!'

___________

Ding Dong,
Ding Dong.

The school bell rings throughout the high school. Shu rummages through his locker, shoving his text books and homework into his backpack. He slings it over his shoulders and walks out the now desolate school doors. He stops just outside when he feels something grasp his wrist. Shu looks back to see Valt holding onto his wrist. "Hey... can we talk?"

Shu blinks before slowly - and reluctantly - nodding his head. "Sure."

___________

Shu swings his legs back and forth from the cafe bench he sits on. Valt sits in front of him on the wooden chair. "So... about last night..." Valt trails off.

"What about it?"

"You know, the kiss," he says with a light blush.

"Yeah, so?"

Valt internally face palms and an irk mark throbs on his forehead. 'I guess he's playing dumb,' Valt thinks. And that's exactly what Shu is doing; brush it off like it's nothing.

"I'm just asking...why did you?"

Shu looks away to the side quietly.

An uneasy silence settles around them before Shu musters everything inside of him:

"I kinda like like you," he confesses.

Both of the boy's cheeks turn red. "I-it's alright if you say no or walk away - "

"You asked me who I liked, remember?" Shu nods.

Valt stands up abruptly, the chair scrapping against the tile floor. He walks around the table to stand beside Shu. The white-silvery haired male blinks in confusion. Valt leans down and brushes their lips together.

Shu's face bursts into different shades of red and pink.

Valt pulls back with a goofy grin. "Does that answer your question?"

The albino hums. "Yeah, but I'm still not completely sure. Can you show me again?"

Valt laughs and leans in again.

* request box is open