You're my world - Shance (for Taurus)

Start from the beginning

[13:05] Kitten:
What...?

[13:06] Kashi:
Your room has 4 people in it, right?

That must have been a lucky guess. Rooms at the Garrison were divided into twos, fours, or sixes, with more fours than any other. He probably - had to have - guessed that.

[13:07] Kitten:
How do you know?

[13:09] Kashi:
Once, your internet got cut - your oldest roommate nearly got into a fight with the dorm manager

Oh fuck.
That was an incident way back at the beginning of the semester; it had been a hard night, he and Keith had argued, Hunk went through Keith's diary, and Shiro got called a gross name by the dorm manager and nearly gave him a sharp right hook.
Obviously a lot of people heard; was it possible Kashi was, he didn't know, afraid of Shiro?

[13:10] Kitten:
Oh god, don't tell me

[13:11] Kashi:
What's your order in the room?

Oh fuck?

[13:11] Kitten:
The fourth....

If he was being honest, he wasn't quite sure why that matters-
This was really freaking him out now.
He threw his phone down on the bed, running his hands down his face. Why was this such a big deal? Couldn't Kashi just turn up and explain things already?

[13:15] Kashi;
.......Lance?

Oh fuck.
Oh Jesus fuck.

[13:16] Kitten:
I need a minute

[13:16] Kashi:
Uhm. I also need to think.

With an urgency he didn't realise he had, he threw the phone onto the opposite side of the bed, whilst shuffling away as if it was about to physically manifest and stab him. So Kashi was a roommate, great. But was he Hunk, Keith, or Shiro?
Hunk would be workable with, Lance thought, slightly hysterically; they were close anyway, it probably wouldn't be much of a change from best friends to boyfriend. But Hunk told him everything, so Lance would know by now if he had a secret online boyfriend.
The thought of dating Keith was kind of terrifying - he was simultaneously terrifying and so entertaining when wound up. But Kashi didn't act like Keith, didn't speak like Keith, and Keith was in an apprenticeship at a local martial arts dojo, Kashi definitely wasn't.
That left-

Oh no.

Only the guy he'd been crushing on since, like, the first night here, who had made him doubt his loyalty to Kashi literally every time he smiled. Really, he should have put two and two together; Shiro's first name was Takashi, after all. They were doing the same major - astrophysics - enjoyed the same type of alcohol - tequila slammers - and had the same obsession with the gym. Kashi was yet to mention any kind of military background, but Lance was willing to be it was there.

Oh great, now he wanted a reply.

[13:24] Lance:
How could this have happened?

[13:25] Shiro:
About that... I might not be able to get back into our room

[13:25] Lance:
Erm...

[13:26] Shiro:
Lance?

[13:26] Lance:
I have no face to see you anymore

That was only partially true. As much as he was mad and angry, and would have punched a wall by now if it weren't for the deposit on the room, he did want to see Shiro, and apologise sincerely and deeply for everything he'd ever said. Ever.