Chapter 18 The Lost Family

just after Capaneus had revealed the real challenge, people started to question the rules entirely since this took such a turn.

Nevroc:" so... that means everything we did up till now"

Capaneus:" yeah, it was just a test of your honor and courage, as much as willpower and self-confidence, even in the pits of hopelessness and inevitable doom, yes, yes it was"

Asfi:" so you knew about us not being able to answer these question's easily from the start, the fact that a test of this level is ridiculous, even if it is to weed out the weak"

Capaneus:" why would a test be able to be designed anyway aren't there other option's that aren't as easy as a normal test would be"

Riveria:" wait, yeah, there are"

Capaneus:" I knew all of you wouldn't be able to answer the test's question's at all, I made it to where no one would be able to get an understanding of it, I mean, didn't you find it odd I would give question's of such complexity and not enforce a no cheating rule at the beginning to prevent you from taking the answer sheet's or get help from your familia"

while no one got an understanding of it, Bell then figured it out.

Bell:"...because an adventurer need's to have faith and trust in their familia and teammates, even if they look like their helpless and need our help or else they'll never grow"

Capaneus:" right Bell, just like with you when you wanted to become an adventurer, why is it, you think I didn't put up much of a fight when you said that... you see, if you protect your friend's and family their entire life's, how are they going to grow as adventurer's and people no less, you need to struggle to grow, bleed to get strong and fight with your everything if you want to win, and that's what makes you stronger, now back to the event's purpose"

Capaneus's thought's:" it's also why I didn't let you or Adoni just, "Become" adventurer's without preparation for it Bell, as much as I hated it, it comforts me that at least you know how to take care of yourself, and look what's come of that"

Ottar's thought's:" of course, how did I not think about that, I have that same ideal...yet faced with it I didn't know it was right there, even when it was directly in front of me, Capaneus truly is a clever tactician being able to hide this so cleverly"

Capaneus:" and more importantly, why do you think I had such strict rule's on cheating in the end out of nowhere and made such a scene about it... to put pressure on you and make you quit with your tail tucked between your leg's"

Luluna's thought's:" well, mission accomplished there... I actually peed myself a little with that"

Finn's thought's:" he really is a mastermind, no wonder Loki fear's him, he isn't only strong, he's clever and smart too, if we were faced against him, we can be destroyed for a long time"

Wiene:" but wait a minute Capaneus, I didn't quit and stood up to you"

Capaneus:" exactly, you risked everything you had for the sake of your familia, something an adventurer must do every day in order to survive, you think an adventurer has the luxury of giving up and going home when the going get's tough, when the battle's become unbearable we say bye and come back the next day to fight it again till we win, when the odd's seem impossible we can just ignore them and move on with our lives"

everyone was paying attention to this, and many people were even taking this as an unforgettable lesson that everyone will remember, and this will make the next generation inspired without even knowing it.

Capaneus:" no we don't... we adventurers go into the dungeon every day and we constantly risk life and limb like there's no tomorrow and fight to the point of breaking because our livelihoods depend on it, we don't have the luxury of just taking it easy and safe, the strongest adventurer's- no, the strong in general, we are not born powerful, not born strong, not born with the power and abilities we possess now, from up, down, and all around, in this world and the other world's, we the strong never once took the easy route, never once had a moment where they could lay down and relax for very long, and never once stopped training our bodies for hell, but sadly, some of the strong are cocky in their abilities and look down on those beneath them, something that a fool with no common sense would do, and will definitely get their ass kicked eventually by those same people because of it"