“No. I’m an orphan actually. I grew up at an orphanage.”

“Oh. Sorry then. Any siblings?” she averted.

“None.”

“All right. Can you tell me exactly how you met my son, Darren?”

I thought about it for a moment, trying to remember the exact things that happened that day.

“Well I was just running with my eyes closed. And then I hit something hard, which turned out to be Prince Darren. And he fell unconscious, which made me panic a bit. A maid was with him, she was angry with what I did. I told her maybe I could compensate with what I’ve done. So she suggested that maybe I should start working at the castle since you needed extra help. So here I am,” I answered.

The queen stared at me with amusement.  “Now why were your eyes closed?”

 I felt taken aback for a while but immediately composed myself. “Ah well. I wanted to try testing my instincts?” I lied. 

The queen laughed at this, but it made me relieved to know she believed me. “Haha. That’s interesting. I guess you’ve learned your lesson, huh?” she joked.

“Ahaha. Yeah..” I agreed.

The queen stared at me for a while, making me feel embarrassed. “Y-your majesty?” I stuttered. I felt uncomfortable whenever people stared. Although I really should feel use to it. It keeps happening, that’s why.

“Oh, sorry,” she responded. “The maids have told me you thought Darren was a girl, how come?” she asked.

“Oh,” I felt my cheeks hot with embarrassment again. “I, well, when I first saw prince Darren, I really did thought he was a girl. I mean, I even thought he was a princess instead of a prince.”

“So why is that?”

“Well, when I saw his face it looked quite girly. I’m not trying to insult him or anything, don’t worry. But when I saw him, he looked..pretty. His eyelashes were long too,” I added.

The queen laughed again. “Ahahaha. Well, he did mostly inherit my looks,” she said.

Now that I look at her more carefully, she and prince Darren really did resemble a lot. Her hair was blonde, just like prince Darren’s. Her eyes were a bright green which matched the outfit she was wearing: a grass-green gown that went til her ankle. Though prince Darren’s eyes were bright blue. The sharp features that she has, prince Darren has as well. It was as if prince Darren was the male version of her. They were both very attractive.

“Ah, but sadly, my eldest son didn’t really inherit much of my looks. He has my eyes though,” she smiled.

“What is the name of your eldest son? I don’t remember you mentioning it.”

“Oh. Well, its Darryl. Darryl is my eldest, Darren is my second oldest, and Dylan is my youngest. I feel quite comfortable knowing that I’ll be fully-protected by four men. Haha,” she laughed.

  I chuckled a bit with her, she really was a friendly queen. “Oh and have I told you this? Darryl is already getting married! Can you believe it? My little boy, oh so grown up. Getting married already! I feel so old,” she chatted.

“And Darren, oh my goodness. Well, its his choice actually if he wanted a wife or not. I’m not too sure if he is going to have one, but I’m trying to help him though. I actually gave him a book filled with pictures of princesses from the other kingdoms!” she continued.