Chapter 33

Chapter 33

“Erin? Hello?”

I pulled myself away from my thoughts and blinked twice. Sana was right in front of me, a worried look on her face.

“You okay, Erin?”

I nodded my head slowly. “Yeah.. just a bit of a headache is all.”

Sana didn’t look convinced but shrugged it off. “So what did Lucas say? Did he agree to help us?”

I pursed my lips at her. I shook my head with a depressed expression.

“Aw. Oh well. We could always look for the culprit in some other way,” Sana suggested.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her. “But if we did that, it would be a lot harder!” I complained.

“Harder, yes. But with a lot of effort, I’m sure it’ll all be worth it.”

“Sana...would you believe me if I told you that Lucas isn’t who you think he is?”  I started.

Sana did a double take on me. “H-huh? What are you saying, Erin?”

I pursed my lips. I think its best to tell Sana what really goes on in my head. Anyway, I know she wont tell anybody. Right?

“Err, Sana. Can you promise me that whatever I tell you..you cant tell anybody?”

Sana looked at me with an unsure look. “Uh sure, Erin. Something bothering you? You do know you can trust me right?” she smiled.

I gave her a half-smile. “I do.”

“So, what’s up?”

We both sat on the nearest bench we could find. One under a shady tree. It looked to still be before noon. And if you looked around, there weren’t a lot of people or students walking by.

“Lucas..he’s not the sweet, good-behavior boy you know,” I told her. She opened her mouth to protest but I beat her to it. “He’s the opposite, Sana. He isn’t what you think. He isn’t nice or kind at all.”

Sana looked at me with unconvinced eyes. “Wha..? H-how can you say that, Erin?”

“I know his true attitude, Sana. Believe me when I say he’s an evil jer—mmph!”

Before I could even finish my sentence, someone had covered my mouth. I gripped onto the hand and looked up to see who it was.

Lucas.

“Ahaha. You were near to swallowing a fly, Erin. Had to cover that big mouth of yours.”

“Ah, hey Lucas,” Sana greeted. What’s with this guy?! He just rejected our request earlier and now he’s come back?

“You’ve got guts, Erin,” he whispered harshly. I hit him hard with my elbow, thus resulting him to back away.

I glared at Lucas. Instead of getting a glare back, he smirked playfully at me. My heart immediately raced at that face. His expression reminded me of what happened back in the library.

“Erin? You okay? You’re turning pink,” Sana commented, a concerned expression on her face.

“What?!”

I threw my hands on my face and felt it burning.

“Ah. Sorry, must be because of me,” Lucas smirked.

Sana gave Lucas a confused look. “What do you mean?”

“Well,” he drawled. Lucas gave me a knowing look.