“Anna!” she called. I heard footsteps coming in through the door on my left. A young red headed girl popped out. Her hair bouncing as she strided to the queen’s side.

“Yes, your majesty?” she breathed but stood straight.

“Please escort Dylan to his room. He needs to take a bath. He also needs to sleep as early as possible. He’s still a growing boy!” she advised the maid.

“Yes, your majesty,” she smiled and bowed down. “Come, Prince Dylan,” she said as she held out her hand to the small prince. “I don’t want to take a bath!” he whined, hiding behind his mother’s gown.

His mother looked at him with a serious face. “Dylan,” she said in a warning tone. “Go. Now.” He looked at her with big eyes. His lips trembling and tears started to form in his eyes. So this was what his mother was talking about. The effect he can have.

“Dylan,” she intimidated. 

The maid, Anna, looked unsure what to do. Whether she should get prince Dylan now or leave the mother and child to have a staring contest. I looked at prince Dylan. Waiting to see what happens. Immediately his face scowled and was scrunched up. Tears were no longer in his eyes. I widened my eyes at how fast he could transform back into normal. “Fine,” he gave in.

His mother smiled triumphantly. Prince Dylan took Anna’s hand and was guided up the stairs. I laughed through my nose, so he’s that hard to handle. I don’t know if I can take care of him,  I’d immediately be on my knees if a kid was on the edge of crying.

“Well, now that that’s settled, let’s go to the library room shall we?”

I nodded my head in agreement. 

We went to the hall on the right, the on at the far end. There were two halls on the right-- The one near the entrance and the one next to the first hallway. We went over to the latter. I saw portraits pass by. A light orange was lit in the hallway.

We passed by a couple of doors and stopped at the far end on the left. Big oak doors were in front of me. The queen opened them and gestured me to follow.

The library was huge. It had bookshelves everywhere filled with books. On the right was a small circular space that had books around it as well. It had a fireplace and some couches. It looked peaceful. The queen called out to me gesturing for me to sit on the couch opposite of her. I obeyed and sat down.

“So,” she started. “Your name is Erin, correct?”

“Yes, your majesty.”

She smiled at me, “Like I said, you don’t have to be scared. Relax. I just want to interview you. I never really got to talk to you. I’ve interviewed a lot of the maids and butlers here. And it just so happens, I spent less time with you.”

I stared at her. It sounded as if she was a mother of 12 and I’m the youngest that she didn’t really spend much time with. I pushed that thought away, this is serious. I nodded at the queen, hoping she knew I understood what she was telling me.

“Do you have parents? Relatives?”

I shook my head. “No, your majesty.”

She pursed her lips at me, uncomfortable. “Hm, I think its best you answer straight with either yes or no only. You don’t have to say ‘your majesty’ with each answer. Its getting annoying to me, really,” she grinned.

I nodded in agreement. I really did find it annoying too. 

“Okay, so you don’t have any parents? No relatives?”