Finger Paint

The stabbing stopped, when the women's intestines toppled to the ground. The girl shrieked joyfully and sat down by it. To his utter horror, she began to play with it. She gave another cheery call, when more innards fell. It was as if she thought all the bloody pieces where nothing but playtoys and finger paint. She used the blood that dripped to paint red pictures onto the tree bark.

He was barely able to stop himself from gagging and puking, when the child licked her hands clean. Was the kid really a little girl? How could a kid who was supposed to be pure and innocent, end up so fucked up in the head?

After a short time, she got to her feet and skipped around the body. She went around it in one giant circle. It seemed like she was listening to something the two victims couldn't hear. He felt cold dread soaking through his clothes and snot dripped from his nose. He was tired and sick. His head throbbed and he was scared shitless, beyond that he felt powerless. Whatever this thing, disguised as a small kid, was it certainly wasn't a little girl.

The "child" suddenly stopped her frame hidden. She was impossible to see behind the corpse, her small silhouette blocked by the bigger frame. He felt his stomach rolling in knots and anxiety. The girl slowly peaked her head around the body, and stood there staring. She didn't move for a full three or four minutes. His senses were on high alert, skin crawling. She was picking. Deciding who was next.

He felt a wave of nausea. It was clear who her next victim would be. He closed his eyes. The life he would never live played out, projecting on the inside of his eyelids. Even though he was an atheist he prayed.

Dear God please....

{Hello everybody fixed a few things nothing major.}