"fly casual."

I'm about halfway through the script for RETURN OF THE JEDI, which means I'm about halfway done with Ace's journey throughout that movie, meaning I'm almost done this book :((

BUT, I might write an extra couple chapters at the end of her pregnancy and then write a sort of sequel to this about her daughter and have the newest Solo/Skywalker fall in love with everyone's favorite pilot, Poe Dameron himself. However, this is a big maybe, but let me know if you'd be interested in reading something like this!

Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 8oo READS!!! I never thought this story would even get into triple digits and it really means a lot to me!!!

Alright, let's get on with the chapter :)))

Taking a seat beside Luke inside the Imperial Shuttle, Ace took a deep breath, trying to mentally prepare herself for what was going to come. Luke worked on a back control panel, while Leia sat on Ace's other side, while Han and Chewie took the pilot and co-pilot seats respectively, the two of them scrutinizing the controls carefully, neither entirely sure exactly how to fly an Imperial Shuttle.

"You got her warmed?" Asked Han as he settled in.

"Yeah," Luke bobbed his head, "She's comin' up."

Chewie growled a complaint, his back hunched under the roof of the aircraft.

"No." Answered Han, sounding slightly exasperated. "I don't think the Empire had Wookiee's in mind when they designed her, Chewie."

Barking in response, Chewie flipped a couple of switches. Leaning back further into her seat, Ace glanced tentatively at Luke but his eyes were anywhere but on her. Sighing, Ace's gaze traveled out from the window as the interior of the Imperial Shuttle came to life, landing on the Millennium Falcon. Out of the corner of her eye, Ace could tell that Han too was looking at the ship that had been their home for almost their entire lives, wishing that they could be on that rather than the Empire's craft.

"Hey, are you awake?" Asked Leia gently, nudging Han from behind him slightly.

"Yeah," Han seemed to snap out from whatever trance he was in, shaking his head rapidly. "I just got a funny feeling. Like I'm not going to see her again."

"Same." Admitted Ace softly, unable to tear her eyes away from the Falcon.

Chewie, listening carefully to the words of the Solo's, let out a longing moan as he stopped his activities and he too gazed outside. Meanwhile, Leia reached over and put a comforting hand on Han's shoulder.

"Come on, General," said Leia quietly, "let's move."

"Right." Said Han, snapping back to reality with a finality this time. "Chewie, let's see what this piece of junk can do. Ready, everybody?

Ace watched the tender interaction between Han and Leia with a slight desire as her eyes slid over to Luke's form, wishing that he would make some move to comfort her or even acknowledge her. But Luke remained as indifferent and ignorant as ever, his eyes never leaving the back control panel.

"All set." Said the Jedi Knight, not even looking up.

Perhaps something had happened on Dagobah, their one interaction since then had been a kiss and while it had been nice, neither had spoken a word to each other since. Yoda had been a firm mentor to Luke, perhaps his words had rubbed the Jedi the wrong way or something.