"found someone, you have."

Screaming, Ace nearly toppled over as her head swung around to find the source of the new voice before pulling out her blaster. Beside her, Luke seemed to have nearly jumped out of his skin before hurriedly lighting his light saber, leaping up to a defensive position in front of Ace. Artoo screeched in terror, his orbs lighting up fast and furious as he whirled around in surprise.

Emerging from the mist was a strange creature. Standing at two feet tall, a small, wrinkly, green thing approached Luke, wisps of white hair dotting his oval head, with large ears poking out from the sides.

     "Like we're being watched!" Exclaimed Luke furiously.

     "Away with your weapons!" Shrieked the creature, "I mean you no harm!"

Her mouth open in surprise, Ace watched as Luke cautiously lowered his light saber. Then, shrugging, Ace slipped her gun into its holster wrapped around her thigh.

"I am wondering, why are you here?" Continued the creature.

"I'm asking the same question." Mumbled Ace, only to receive a brief glare from Luke in which she threw up her hands defensively.

"I'm looking for someone." Luke said.

"Looking?" The creature, Ace decided it was male, tittered. "Found someone, you have, I would say, hmm?" He let out a sharp series of high pitcher giggles, which echoed in the emptiness of the swamp.

"Right." Said Luke, hiding a smile.

"Help you I can." Added the creature. "Yes, mmm."

Ace observed the little character with an amused smile. Whatever and whoever it was, he was rather funny to listen and to watch. He kept making the oddest sound effects as well as the strangest facial expressions, but there was something about him. Something that gave Ace the chills, deep down, because somehow she knew that there was more to this creature than what met the eye.

"I don't think so." Responded Luke, "I'm looking for a great warrior."

"Ahhh!" Exclaimed the thing, "A great warrior." He laughed again, shaking his head, "Wars not make one great."

Leaning heavily on a spindly old stick, the creature stumbled forwards, moving towards the cases of supplies that made up Ace, Luke, and Artoo's rather pathetic campsite. He began to rummage around it. Artoo moved forward rather protectively, practically eye level with the little thing, and squealed disapprovingly. Meanwhile the visitor snatched up the container of food off the ground and proceeded to take a bite.

"Put that down!" Ordered Luke, standing up quickly, "Hey! That's our dinner!"

The creature dropped the small container of food, spitting out the bite he had taken and made a rather disgusted face.

"How you two get so big, eating food of this kind?"

Fascinated beyond belief, Ace watched as the creature moved on. She had never seen anything like it-it was absolutely peculiar. But the creature was also disrupting their campsite-now he was digging through Luke's case.

"Listen, friend," began Luke, his patience clearly wearing thin, "We didn't mean to land in that puddle, and if we could get our ship out, we would, but we can't, so why don't you just-"