1

"i'm dylan o'brien, i'm enrolled here but this is my first year. what room am i in?" dylan asks the lady at the counter.

she types quickly into her computer, pushing her glasses up her nose then looking at dylan.

"your room is on floor 7, room 39" she said, handing him a set of keys.

"thank you" he says, taking the keys and heading for the dorms section with his belongings.

dylan finally found his room, checking if it was unlocked before trying with his keys. to his luck, the door was unlocked and opened when he turned the handle.

dylan peered into the room, looking around for any signs of other humans. he proceeded into the room, not seeing anyone else.

he put his things down on the empty bed, guessing the other bed, which was neatly made, was his roommates' bed. dylan turned around and screamed when he saw a slim, lanky boy standing in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe with crossed arms and a sly smirk.

"that's the girliest scream i've ever heard from a boy" his smirk deepening.

"what's wrong with a girly scream?" dylan says back.

"i never said anything was wrong with it," he put his hands in the air, as a sign of defence "i'm thomas" he says walking to his side of the room and sitting on his bed. dylan stared at him, curiously.

"dylan o'brien. are you my roommate or something dude?"

"dude?" thomas looks at dylan as if he was crazy for saying that word.

"what's wrong with the word dude?"

"it makes you sound like a 12 year old boy trying to fit in with his 'mates'" thomas said, making air quotations with his hands when he said 'mates'.

dylan sighed, getting slightly frustrated at how thomas ignored his question.

"well" dylan looked at him with a moody look "are you my roommate or not?"

"no. i just decided to waltz into a strangers dorm room and introduce myself" thomas looked at dylan with a look that said 'are you kidding me?'

"hey" dylan pointed at thomas "i don't like sarcasm, so you better tone that down or else"

thomas laughed, crinkles forming at the side of his eyes. if thomas wasn't looking away while he laughed, he would've seen the way dylan fonded over his smile.

"hey, you never told me your surname. that's not fair, i told you mine" dylan said, sitting on his bed.

"oh, right. well you already know my first name but i might as well say that with my surname, i'm thomas brodie-sangster" thomas said when he had finished laughing.

"why do you frown so much?"

"i don't frown a lot"

"you're frowning right now" dylan pointed out, smirking.

"no i'm not," thomas pulled a creepily big smile on his face "see"

dylan laughed, looking away. he stood up and started unpacking his big two suitcases.

"what are you studying here?" thomas asked.

"law, you?"

"science and math"

"how long have you been here?"

"this is my second year" thomas laid down on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

"do you have any friends?"

"you ask a lot of questions"

"well what can i say, i'm a curious person"