Chapter Eight;

I'm sorry, this might be a lame chapter but the next chapter is going to be cray cray :)

Veronica stood there stunned as Ashton smirked and leaned back in his chair. Date? They were going to go on a date? She never heard him ask this of her. Ashton licked his lips and excused himself from the table to leave the girls alone. Veronica stared after him. She felt like she was not even real like this was just a dream. She was snapped back to earth when she heard someone scoff next to her. Makayden was glaring at her, and Veronica raised her brow. “I don’t understand why you even try, you’re not even that pretty.”

With that, Makayden got up and left the table. Veronica was stunned again, and questioned everything. Was she that ugly? She sighed before walking to class which was with Ashton. Did he think she was ugly? He doesn’t even know what she looks like but he could think it.

She got to her class to see Ashton sitting in his normal seat in the back. Veronica took her seat right next to him, and didn’t say a word. She was still thinking about her looks, and if she should dye her hair a different hair than her blonde she had now. Maybe than she’d look nice and beautiful to guys eyes. “Veronica?” She didn’t look at Ashton, she didn’t want to feel ugly in his eyes even though she knew that he couldn’t see her. “Are you ignoring me, Kitten?”

“No, I was just thinking about stuff that Makayden said to me.” Veronica didn't know what to make out of the new girl. It seemed to her that Makayden didn’t like her for some odd reason. Maybe, Makayden liked Ashton but she only got here today, how could she feel something in less than one day? Ashton reached over to place his hand on hers but he kept missing for her arm. “Do you think I would be ugly if you weren’t blind?”

“What are you even talking about? You’re beautiful, okay? Why the fuck you think otherwise? What did that chick say?” Ashton demanded, and squeezed her arm in a comforting way possible. Veronica told him it didn’t matter, and she was only being silly. Ashton sighed before rubbing the skin on her arm.  “Don’t fucking listen to her at all, she’s just jealous.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right, I guess.” She lied to him, she didn’t want to but she didn’t want to argue with him. Ashton smiled, nodded at her and asked her about the date they had tonight. She gasped, forgetting all about the date he told her about.She needed to make an excuse to him. She wasn’t ready to go on a date with him, especially not how she felt about herself right now. She would rather wait until she felt better about herself than half ass a date. “I can’t tonight, Ashton. Chelsea and I already made plans, I’m sorry.”

“No, no it’s fine. I didn’t ask you earlier. I just said it without thinking.” Ashton took his hand back and turned his back on her, slumped down looking out the window. She automatically felt bad for rejecting him but she didn’t want to be sad, and ruin the date for him. She knew that she would have to make this up to him somehow and she knew how to do it too. “What are you doing this weekend, Ashton?”

“Uh, nothing probably. What’s it to you, Kitten?” Ashton asked in a not so nice tone like he was hurt. Veronica felt bad for rejecting him, and saying no but she was going to make it up to him. She just had to. “I was wondering if you wanted to go to a concert with me on Saturday?” Ashton looked over at her finally, and licked his lips. She was nervous about his answer. It took about five minutes before he answered her. “What concert?”

“Led Zeppelin. I saw a poster in your room, and saw that they were playing at the arena. Thought you’d like to go with me or something.” Veronica mumbled, and looked at the tabletop. What if he didn’t want to go with her? What if he looked threw her excuse and said no because she said no to the date? She was now biting her lip, anxiously. She started to ramble when he didn’t answer. “I completely understand if you don’t want to go with me, you can go with someone else.”

“I thought they were sold out though? I tried so hard to get tickets but it was completely sold out.” Ashton questioned her like she was making things up. Veronica’s mother worked at the arena, and probably get them in for free. Even though her mom’s not around, her mom made sure she got what she needed aka food, excitement. Her mom did want the best for her but she was never around to spend time with her. “How could we get in if it’s all sold out?”

“Just leave that up to me, okay?” She squeaked to him, which he gave her a weird look. “Can you just trust me? We’re not going to sneak in or anything.” She rolled her eyes at him since he clearly didn’t trust her on this. Just because its sold out, doesn’t mean it is for her. Ashton sighed before replying to her. “I do, I just don’t understand how we’re going to get in.”

“You’ll see when the time comes.”

xox

The week past slowly, and boringly. Chelsea and her spent tons of time shopping, and talking about Ashton- Well, Chelsea spent it talking about Ashton and Veronica just tried to ignore her. Ashton and Makayden were spotted at different times with each other by Chelsea but Veronica didn’t care. She just wanted Ashton to be happy, even if it was with Makayden.

It was the night of the concert, and she alerted her mom by placing a note on her door two nights ago. She got a response on her door the next morning that it was fine, and just to ask for her at the door. Veronica walked up Ashton’s porch steps to ring the doorbell. She stepped two steps back to wait for someone to open the door.  When the door did open, this tall, bulky man stepped out. His brown hair messy, and his button down unbuttoned at the top. He looked at her with a kind smile. “Hello?”

“Oh, Hello! I’m here for Ashton.” She smiled at the man, who she guessed was Ashton’s step-father. He nodded before telling her to come right in. She followed him into the house and decided to wait in the foyer for Ashton. The man went up to get Ashton from his room, and she waited patiently. She was nervous about how this night will turn out. She didn’t want it to turn out bad, and shitty. She looked up to see Ashton almost running down the stairs. “Jesus, Ashton. How fast are you trying to go down those stairs?”

“I just want to, um, see the concert quicker. Yeah, the concert quicker.” Ashton scratched behind his neck and looked at his converse. He was wearing a Led Zeppelin shirt, and black jeans. He also had his sunglasses on like always did. She asked if he was ready to go, and stuff. “Hell yeah! Let’s go see some fucking legends!” He fist pumped into the air, and tried to feel his way to the door. “Do you need some help, Ash?”

“Yeah, I guess.” He chuckled lightly before reaching his hand in the wrong direction. She giggled before grabbing his hand in hers. She made her way out the door, and Ashton closing it after him. She guided him down the steps to the bus stop to wait for the bus which would take them straight to the arena. She told him to sit down, and sat next to him. She looked around the neighborhood to see it was silent, and looked like everyone wasn’t home. It was only about six at night, so it was kinda strange. “Are we taking the bus?”

“Yeah then I wouldn’t have to pay for parking, you know?” She shrugged like it was nothing.

“I don’t have any change on me though.” He looked panicked for a second, and a half before Veronica laughed and told him she bought bus tickets. He nodded, not saying anything. She was confused, didn’t he have anything to say to her? Why wasn’t he making conversation? She sighed at herself for being so worried about something that’s probably nothing.

xox

They finally arrived at the arena, and they walked to the door in front of everyone, not caring at all. Ashton stopped Veronica before they got to the door. “Aren’t we suppose to wait in line like the rest?” Veronica just told him to follow her, and not to say anything. He just looked confused, sighing he agreed to her. She walked to the doormen, and they asked her to wait in line. “I’m here for Martha Campbell, I’m her daughter.”

“Yes, come on in.” The doorman smiled, and opened the door for them. Veronica smiled at the men, and walked in pulling Ashton behind her. Once they were far away from the men, Ashton stopped her. “What was that?” He questioned but whispered to her. She giggled, before telling him. “My mom is vice president of this arena. She gets me into a lot of concerts.”

“Oh, wow.” He breathed out breathlessly. Veronica nodded, and she lead them to where they were going to watch the concert. She just wanted to make sure he had a great time tonight, and to forget all her worries.