[61] burnt vanilla

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO THIS BOY WHO NEVER FAILS TO MAKE MY HEART GO BEEP BOOP 💗💖💘💕💞💝💓💗💖💕💘💞💝💓💗💖💕💘

+ this is how jungkook looks in this chapter

taehyung focus• there are only thirty minutes left

taehyung focus
• there are only thirty minutes left.

a panicked taehyung scarfs down his strawberry laces, hurriedly shovelling them into his mouth and only slightly choking on them as he does so. he dismisses the concerned expression junghoon wears on his face when he glances over at him.

• there are only twenty minutes left.

taehyung climbs haphazardly into the back, taking lily with him (to junghoon's relief) and settling in the back seats with her.
junghoon frowns at him through the rear view mirror, wordlessly questioning taehyung's actions with furrowed brows.

taehyung, completely oblivious to junghoon's quizzical eyes on him, sets lily on the leather seat besides him and once she's comfortable, the boy moves quickly to work on his appearance; he re–tucks his white tee back under the waistband of his jeans, throws atop the striped sweater he'd taken off earlier when it got too stuffy in the car and carefully reties the laces of his sneakers. he adjusts his spectacles, making sure the lens were absolutely spotless.

he feels a little shy though when he unzips his alexander wang backpack and draws out his small vanity bag — feeling a tad bit self conscious about the possibility of junghoon playfully teasing him for trying to look his best for jungkook. but all junghoon says when taehyung applies his moisturising face cream is "damn, that smells like fucking roses" to which taehyung smiles at.

• there are only ten minutes left.

satisfied with his efforts, taehyung climbs back into the passenger seat, not bothering to take lily this time (as she's too busy gnawing away at one of the seatbelts much to junghoon's chagrin).
he draws his own seatbelt over his chest, settling against the leather upholstery and sighing softly as his lidded eyes study the slow sunset taking place outside, the grey winter sky now consumed with soft pinks and delicate purples that have taehyung smiling subconsciously.