{2} A Werewolf Mate in the Loup Garou Forest

**Akela's POV**

"I had always hoped that this would never happen," my mother said. "You need to leave as soon as possible. They will be coming for you soon."

"What are you talking about? Who's coming?" I yelled confused.

She just looked down at me with sympathy in her sad, sky blue eyes and walked out of the room down the hall. I slowly followed her back down the carpeted stairs to my teal room. Everything in my room was a different shade of teal. Even my TV and DVD player were teal. Teal had been my favorite color for as long as I could remember. Most of the things in my closet had teal somewhere on it.

My mother walked over to my closet and pulled my teal suitcases down from the shelves. She then started to pull clothes off the hangers and stack them neatly into the suitcase. I just watched her with my brown eyes, not understanding what was going on. I tried again to ask my mom what was going on but was immediately cut off when she raised a hand into the air to quite me.

After my mom finished packing everything I would need for about a week, she sat me down on the bed and began her brief explanation. "They are coming for you," she said again.

"What does that mean, mom? Who's coming for me? What's wrong?" I questioned.

She looked at me with her sad sky blue eyes and again repeated, "They are coming for you. You have to run. You have until the end of the day to say goodbye to your friends and leave. I love you."

I nodded back to my mom, only slightly confused now. I was used to running. Whenever my mom or I received a vision of us running we ran. My mom never told me why. I asked her once and she just looked at me, her eyes a mixture of blue and red. My current confusion, though, came from the suspicion my mom was staying. I looked towards the floor and asked her, "You're staying aren't you?"

She nodded in reply. I could feel her staring at me, trying to get me to understand, but I avoided eye contact. I didn't want her to see my now tear filled blue eyes. I had a feeling this would be the last time I saw her. I pulled my mom into a tight hug and felt a single traitorous tear down my cheek. We stood clinging to each other, neither of us speaking. "I love you," I said looking at my mom one last time before leaving my room and walking towards the front door. As soon as I reached the stairs, I could feel the salty tears streaming down my face and soaking my cheeks.

I had no friends here since I was basically a mute. The only person I ever talked to was my mom. So there was no one to say goodbye to. I got in my car a drove to the woods near a rarely used path. We had been living in the current house for about two years, now. I found this trail the first week we move here. It used to only be an animal trail. Now, I use it whenever something was bothering me. It was my only escape. I always felt drawn to the woods. Whenever we moved, I made sure there would be woods nearby and I frequently spent time exploring them.

I followed the animal trail for about two miles before I reached my secret hideout. There was a large field, there, where wild flowers could grow freely. It was one of the most beautiful places I had ever seen. I sat down in the middle of the field to gently massage my feet. I had stupidly worn flip flops today and didn't change into my hiking boots before coming here. Now, my feet were all scratched up and bloody from twigs and branches that covered the forest floor. I took my shirt off, since I had nothing else, and wiped the blood from my feet. Normally, I would not have done something like that in public, but I knew no one would see me. I was in the middle of a small town two miles into the forest where nobody ever went, in fear of wild animals.

I set my now bloodied shirt on the grass to dry before I put it back on, and lay down on my back. I looked up into the pink sky wishing I could stay here forever. Tears were still falling down my cheeks, blurring my vision. I wondered how I even made it here without crashing the car or getting lost on the animal trails since I could barely see. I closed my eyes and sighed and I cried myself to sleep, knowing that the rest of my life would be exactly like this. Lonely.

**Unknown POV**

I was wandering the woods in my wolf form, trying to clear my thoughts. My dad just set me up on another blind date because he wanted me to find mate or at least settle down with what he considered a 'good girl'. Little did he know, I already slept with her. I didn't think she was all that 'good', if you know what I mean. I was known as the player in my pack. My dad was tired of have to deal with my one night stands; girls leaving in the morning crying because they found out I had no plans for mating with them. Girls were too emotional. I sleep with them once and they think I'm going to make them the alpha's bitch. I don't see how mated men can stand only sleeping with one girl for the rest of their lives.