Shining like the ice

Start from the beginning

Braixen threw her characteristic Flamethrower; Pancham used the brown stick to leap higher than usual and, looking down, used Dark Pulse on the fire, creating nearly a million sparkles.

"Now, those look like twinkling sparkles!"

Serena giggled happily, letting the falling 'stars' land on her hands.

"Awesome. They're so awe一"

"Awesome! I know, right?!" Pikachu squealed, interrupting Eevee's personal thoughts.

"Eh?!"

"You know you were speaking aloud this whole time, right?" Pikachu asked.

Eevee couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or just very dense. "Um..." she muttered, then fiddled a little with her paws.

"This is the part where Eevee is supposed to jump into the sparkles and make her debut, but if she's not up to it, I guess..." Serena thought aloud, caressing her chin.

Pikachu scratched the back of his head, nervously. "So~ you may be wondering why I'm even here, well..."

Eevee looked at his eyes curiously.

"First of all, thank you for giving me the space I needed yesterday... it made me realize something... about us," he continued. "I was really upset and I'm sorry if it rubbed off on you. I really didn't mean it."

"I-it's alright. I see how you feel," Eevee admitted, glancing away. "Though I'm still a little confused... and really, I really wanna help you."

Pikachu's mouth went agape with surprise. "Anyway... I was gonna apologize for the whole mess and tell you that you don't have to be involved with it all, but... you do care," he said softly.

"Of course I care!" she cried, "If it weren't for you, Pikachu, I wouldn't have met these awesome Pokémon! These awesome people! Before... I thought all humans were evil... but Serena... Serena..."

She looked towards the honey-blonde haired girl, who was doing a repeat of the previous performance with her partners.

"She loves me. She makes me feel loved. And so do Pancham and Braixen. And Bunnelby. And Ash... Clemont... Bonnie一" She stopped herself, when she noticed something deep within his round, dark eyes glimmering. "And you..."

Pikachu's left ear rose with the comment.

She felt a strong, jabbing pain on the back of her head. "Ugh!" she exclaimed all of the sudden in short agony.

"Eevee!" Pikachu shouted in alarm, holding her before she fell backwards. She was uncouncious.

"Ee一"