Near Death

Chapter Five: Near Death

-Andy's POV-

I just kept walking.... I have no clue where I'm going... I hear rustling in the bushes and turn around. All of a sudden this giant ass mountain lion jumps on me! What the fuck?! I fall to the ground under its weight. I try to throw it off but I can't. It sinks its teeth into my shoulder and puts its paw on my neck. This is it. There's nothing I can do... My vision is starting to blur and I can barley breathe...

-Sky's POV-

"I'm gonna go after Andy..." I say standing up. "No Sky, he just needs to blow off some steam." Ashley says. "Ash I promise I'll be back quick... I just need to make sure he's ok..." I say. "Alright, but I'm coming with you." Ash says looking into my eyes. Damn, those brown eyes are beautiful... "Ok. Lets go." I say and start following the path Andy took. I hear growling from up ahead. Ash and I break into a run until we come to a clearing. All I see is the tail of what looks like a mountain lion heading into the bushes and... I gasp. "Andy!" I say running over to him. He's lying on the sandy ground covered in blood...

-Ashley's POV-

I run after Sky. I see my lifelong best friend lying on the ground covered in scratches, bite marks and blood. "W-What happened...?" I say softly. "I-it looks l-like a mountain lion attacked him...." Sky says crying. She shakes him but his eyes don't open... "L-let me carry him back to c-camp..." I say picking him up. He's taller than me so it's hard to carry him. We get back to the camp site and everyone's awake. "Andy!! Oh no what happened?" CC says running over. "H-he got attacked by a m-mountain lion..." Sky stutters. "Why didn't you help?!" CC yells at us. "We got there after it happened! There's nothing we could do!" I yell. "What happened to his arm...?" Dahvie asks. "H-he cut himself..." Sky says, tears streaming down her face. "Why?!" Jayy asks surprised. "We don't know ok?! Leave us alone!" I snap and take Andy over to a soft patch of grass. "C'mon lets go. We've got a lot of explaining to do..." I say taking Sky's hand and leading her back to the others.

-Andy's POV-

I open my eyes. Someone found me... I hear yelling and can make some of it out... Two people yelling back and forth...

"He could be dead!"

"He's not dead!"

"How do you know!?"

"I just do!"

"If he's dead it's all your fault!"

A third voice joins in.

"It's not Ashley's fault!"

"Yes it is!"

"No it's not! If anything it's my fault! I shouldn't of let him go..."

"You're damn right you shouldn't have!"

"Listen I'm sorry! He's like a brother to me too!"

"Whatever bitch! I said in the first place we shouldn't trust you and I was fucking right!"

"CC I'm sorry!"

"Sorry doesn't cut it!"

I hear a thud. I look over and CC is standing over Sky. Ashley jumps on CC...

"How dare you hurt her!"

"Andy could be dead because of her!"

"I don't care! I love her! Stay the hell away from her!"

Ash doesn't even care... I sit up and walk over to my bag and pull out a thin, sharp piece of metal... What's the point anymore? I wish that lion would've killed me... I run the blade over my wrist... It hurts but it feels good at the same time... This isn't me... Oh well...