Chapter 1

Life, is something we want? Or, is it something we charish? No one knows the answer. Not even the maker of this world would know. All we have is something to live for. A friend, a family, a true love. We chose to stay alive because we have reasons. We feel we need to charish other lives, but what about our own? Not even I, a 16 year old girl would know.

         My name is Sage Barens. I live in a world that people would considered a great place. To me it's just a place where the living can be. We are born, we go to school, we get jobs, have a family, then eventually we die. We are eventually chosen to either go to heaven or hell. I prefer to go to neither. I'd rather go to somewhere farther. The moon, there is told to be a lonely goddess up there that has been looking for her children after already losing her true love. The children are told to be half animal and half goddess. Their are six daughters. They control the elements of fire, water, wind, water, light, and darkness. It would be amazing to be one of the daughters of the moon. If only.

        "Miss Barens!" Mrs. Qwuan asked. She is my history teacher.

       " Yes Mrs. Qwuan?" I asked. i was afraid to know what she wanted.

       " Can you tell me when World War 2 started?" She asked me. Oh great an easy question.

       "It started on September 1st 1939  and ended on September 2nd 1945" I said. Besides being 16, I was also top of my class.

       " Good job Miss Barens. Can anyone else tell me about World War 2?" she asked.

       "The total victory of the Allies over the Axis in 1945 ended the conflict. World War II altered the political alignment and social structure of the world. The United Nations was established to foster international cooperation and prevent future conflicts. The great powers that were the victors of the war—the United States, Soviet Union, China, Britain, and France—became the permanent members of the UN's Security Council. The Soviet Union and the United States emerged as rival superpowers, setting the stage for the Cold War, which lasted for the next 46 years. Meanwhile, the influence of European great powers started to decline, while the decolonisation of Asia and Africa began. Most countries whose industries had been damaged moved towards economic recovery. Political integration, especially in Europe, emerged as an effort to stabilise postwar relations." A girl said. Everyone looked towards the door and saw a girl with brown hair leaning against the opening. It was hard to believe that a girl like her what could wear a skirt that would be good for a private school uniform in a style that rocks and has the brain of Albert Einstein. She was both beautiful and smart. it was hard to believe that a girlt hat beautiful even had a brain.

        "And you are?" Mrs. Qwuan asked.

        " Elly Larson. I'm one of the transfer students. I'm terribly sorry that I'm late. I had a hard time finding the school." Elly said. There was one empty desk that she came over to take a seat in. She wore a brown sweater with a green top underneath. The sleaves of her shirt had holes in them for her thumbs to come through. She also wore the private school skirt with the color of green. Following where brown boots that i would love to wear if they were black. Unlike others who wore pajamas to school, she looked good in clothes that don't even take that much energy to get into.

        "I like your pendant. it's pretty. It almost looks like mine. Except the colors different." She was right. It look exactly like mine.

        "I've had this since I was born." I told her.

        "Me too. I'm Elly." She said.

        "Sage Barens. So where are you from?" I asked. she looked like she could be the Arizona type.

        "Arizona." She said. See? What did i tell ya?

        "How about I show you around town and we could hang out." I said. Then her face lit up.

        "That would be nice. How about i see you right at the entrance?" she asked.

        "Okay. I'll see you there." I said. Then the bell rang. Right on time. One more hour and we can get out of here. My last hour is creative writing. The only place where I can be myself.

        Finally it was 2:30. Time for people to head home. I on the other hand have a new friend to hang out with. I grabbed my bag from my locker and went to the entrance. Elly was waiting there looking at her pendant. I walked up suddenly my pendant lit up. a dark purplish glow filled the pendant. I looked at hers and saw that hers was glowing too. She tucked it in her shirt and waited. I did the same.

        "You ready?" I asked.

        "Yup. So where do we start?" Elly asked me.

        "How about we get some coffee. I'm kind of craving some caffine." I said.

       "Me too. Let's go." She giggled. We both ended up laughing and feeling like we had known each other our whole life. She was amazing. Just like me, we both ended up winning first place in our school economics competition. We were both straight A students. We didn't realize how late it was until my mom sent my a text asking where I was. I replied and told her I was hanging out with a new girl from school. We left the coffee shop and started walking home. Apparently she was my new neighbor also. That's when i saw the moon. The most beautiful full moon i had ever seen. My pendant started glowing again as did Elly's. We looked at each other shocked. The two pendants came together like part of a star. Mine was on top and Elly's was in the right. I scared to know what was going to happen next.