My Thoughts Exactly

Bruce raised his head, his vision was very foggy, but he could still identify the room he was in as the room he fought Bullseye in.  He tried to get up, but realized he was fastened to a chair.

"I see you're awake," Daredevil commented.  "You've been out of it for about half an hour."

"What do you want, Murdock?" Bruce snarled.

"The Kingpin's head on a silver platter," Daredevil answered.  "And you're to provide it," he added.

"How do you expect me to do that?"

"I know you and the Kingpin are developing a business relationship, and that'll be our ticket into his organization.  We'll start out collecting intelligence, finding out the assassins' targets, and capturing the Kingpin himself," Daredevil stated, cutting Bruce's restraints.

"Where's Dick?" Bruce demanded, leaping at Daredevil, and holding him against the wall.

"I was about to get to that.  I decided, to ensure that you will cooperate, I keep some motivation.  Said motivation being your son," Daredevil added.

"I'm here to prevent Deadshot and Bullseye from getting their target, not to help Kingpin succeed in his plan," Bruce added.  "Why do you think I was fighting Bullseye?"

"The real question is why you didn't call off your arrangement to meet Fisk.  Surely you know he is New York's biggest crime boss," Daredevil returned.

"I was preventing the assassination of Fisk's prior boss: Rigoletto.  He gave me insight to facts that could be useful to the investigation such as, how fast he ranked in the mob, and his the Kingpin's real name.  Plus, Rigoletto was going to the FBI to tell them the Kingpin's true identity," Bruce stated.  "And with the FBI's resources, I thought my investigation could advance faster."

"You think Fisk doesn't have men in the FBI?  Hell, the director of the FBI is probably on the payroll," Daredevil retorted, knocking Bruce's hands away from his collar.  "So, when Fisk's attorney finally calls you, you are going to accept whatever deal Fisk makes with you.  Whatever relationship you two form, you are going to use to find out all of Fisk's secrets.  We are going to find enough evidence to keep Fisk locked up for good, and prevent the assassination of Fisk's target.  Alert me of our intelligence gathering status once you're at Fisk Industries."

"Understood," Bruce confirmed, turning to leave the scene.

"Oh, and, Bruce, if I feel you are making any attempt to trace Dick, well, do I really need to say what I'll do?"

Without an answer, Bruce left.

Did I do the right thing?  I can't help but feel like a terrorist, kidnapping Wayne's son, and forcing him to work for me.  Well, it's not as if I'll hurt Dick. He should be safe at the SHIELD helicarrier; it's lucky Fury owes me a favor or I wouldn't know where to keep him.  Anyway, it's for a good cause: The Kingpin's fall, Daredevil thought, returning to his condominium.

At the hotel...

"No, don't, Barbara."

"Why?  We can't leave Dick to the mercy of Daredevil," Barbara interjected.

"He threatened to kill Dick if he felt Dick was being traced.  Any efforts made electronically can be tracked back, and I don't want Dick to feel the backlash for our mistake.  I'll just have to play puppet for now," Bruce replied.

"Okay, I trust you, Bruce.  I guess I'll have to break it to Alfred and Tim; dear lord, Alfred's reaction," Barbara envisioned.

Once Barbara hung up, Bruce reviewed his voice mail.

"Hello, Mister Wayne.  I'm Liam Dixon, Mister Fisk's attorney, I'm so sorry it took so long to get back to you, but Mister Fisk would like to meet with you in person at the Fisk Industries branch in Manhattan; you may choose a time appropriate for you.  Please call back once you get this."

Bruce dialed his secretary and asked him to schedule an appointment with Fisk Industries tomorrow.

The next day...

Bruce got dressed for that day's meeting with Fisk, and left for Fisk's office.  He arrived about twenty minutes later, and was generously greeted by Fisk's assistant who got him a warm cup of coffee and situated him in Fisk's office.

"Ah, hello, Mister Wayne," Wilson Fisk greeted, stretching his larger-than-average sized hand.

"Please, Bruce," Bruce insisted, accepting Fisk's hand.

"So, we reviewed your offer of possibly merging Wayne Enterprises and Fisk Industries, and we graciously accept it.  I can send you future and current projects that Fisk Industries is undergoing," Fisk stated.  "If you'd like, I could give you a tour of the building, and show you our labs," Fisk offered.

"Of course I would, and I'll have my assistant e-mail our projects to you," Bruce replied.

"Excellent.  Then, let's start our tour," Fisk said, warmly.

Fisk showed Bruce the first few floors which were mainly focused on generating clean energy, and curing genetic diseases.

"This is the most important project we have at Fisk Industries," Fisk stated.  "Our nuclear reactor.  Granted, many private companies have their own nuclear reactor, but we have the strongest one on the Western Hemisphere.  We can power several countries with it, and improve living conditions for those in developing nations. Of course, at the moment, it is still at it's prototype stage, but with an increase in capital resources, we'll have it fully functionally."

"Mister Fisk," a woman, wearing a Fisk Industries badge, interrupted, "your nine o'clock is here."

"Ah, tell him I'll be with him in just a moment.  I'm sorry, Bruce, but I have to attend to that.  Feel free to look at the rest of the building on your own," Fisk called.

Bruce dialed the law firm's number and asked Karen to speak to Matt.

"Is there anything of suspicious at Fisk Industries?" Matt inquired.

"Nothing, Fisk Industries isn't even developing weapons.  They seem to be a legitimate corporation," Bruce stated.  "But there was something suspicious about how Fisk left me."

"And what would that be?"

"I asked my secretary to make an appointment for nine o'clock.  My secretary called me back to confirm the appointment.  Then, a few minutes later, he said that there was a 'bug' in the system and they had to reschedule me for eight o'clock.  Now, I think the 'bug' seems pretty convenient and the person Fisk is meeting may be a person of interest," Bruce stated.

"Then, I suggest you watch the security camera feed, and see what's going on in Fisk's office," Matt replied.

"My thoughts exactly."