Chapter one

Louis's P.O.V.

"Louis, we're going over to Sarah's house tonight." My mum said as I entered the kitchen, after coming home from football practise.

"Why?" I huffed, grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl that was on the table.

"Well, you know I said that her and Tom were adopting a daughter?" she said, turning around to face me, wiping her hands dry on a tea towel.

"Yeah, so?" I huffed again, rolling my eyes and taking another bite of my apple.

"So we're going over to meet her." she said sternly.

"Why do I have to go? I have loads of homework to do for tomorrow." I tried to persuade her.

To be honest, I do want to meet her, Tom said that she was really pretty. So who can blame me. But Sarah creeps me out, I don't know why and I can't explain it. But there is defiantly something strange about her.

"She needs a friend, Louis. She's had a hard life these past couple years." she said, glaring at me.

"Fine, I will stay for tea." I sighed, turning and running up the stairs to do as much homework as I can before we have to leave.

Narrator.

"This is it." Nikki whispered to herself as she stood outside a big house.

Tom, the man who owns the house she's staying in, stepped out of the car. Richard stood next to her. He was only here to give her a lift because he rides on a motorbike, and She won't step foot inside a car after that day. No way, never again.

"Be good this time, alright Ni?" Richard said, giving Nikki a side hug with one arm.

"No promises," She said back, taking the box he had in his arm.

"Sarah should be inside, Nikki." Tom said, pulling her suitcase over the curb and clicking a button to lock his expensive car. "She invited a couple neighbours around, so that you can make some friends before you go to school tomorrow."

"There ya go!" Richard surprisingly said, placing a hand on Nikki's shoulder. "Well, Tom, call me if you have any questions or problems." Richard then placed his helmet back on his head and placed the spare he had for Nikki in side the seat. As he drove off, he waved goodbye.

"Come on, let's go inside" Tom said, pulling the suitcase up the pathway. Nikki followed him with a slight limp in her right leg and waited for him to open the door.

"Hello, darling!" Sarah screeched, quickly walking up to Nikki and placing a kiss on her forehead. She scrunched her face up at the close contact before sifting the box to rest on one hip, using her now free arm to wipe her forehead dry.

As Sarah greeted Tom, Nikki looked around to see that all the walls were painted white, black leather coaches surrounded the flat screen TV, patio doors were in front of were she stood, revealing the pool and large apple tree that were in the garden. But then her hazel eyes fixed to the archway that lead to the kitchen, there stood a tall boy with glimmering green eyes and cute curly hair. He smiled at her, but she didn't return it as her eyes wondered over his body. He was wearing a thin, white t-shirt and dark skinny jeans that made him look even taller.

"Hi, I'm Harry." He smiled at Nikki with a deep, attractive voice.

"Nikki, like the sport brand" she said, holding a hand out for him to shake.

He gladly took it before smiling widely, full on dimples, as he tried to get her to smile. But he wasn't successful as Nikki kept a straight face.