#LoveSimon Contest

Things are about to get romantic af, Wattpadders! We've teamed up with 20th Century Fox and Love, Simon to bring you an exciting new writing contest that encourages you to share with the world who you really are!

Love, Simon, in theaters March 16th.

Everyone deserves a great love story, but for 17-year-old Simon Spier, it's a little more complicated. He hasn't told his family or friends that he's gay. When Simon discovers an anonymous classmate has come out online, he begins a heartfelt coming-of-age journey of finding himself and falling in love.

This was the note that changed Simon's life:

Dear Blue,

I'm just like you.

-Love, Simon

Your challenge is to create a 500-word letter sharing who you really are with the world. Maybe it's something people don't know about you. Maybe it's something everyone knows and you just want to shout it out to the world! But like Simon, your statement is the same: I'm just like you, and I deserve love.

Start your note with "Dear World" and sign off with "Love, (@Username)".

Post your letter in a new story on your Wattpad profile and be sure to tag your entry with #LoveSimon for it to be entered to win! Then, drop a link to your completed story in the comments below so we know it's up. The 10 top stories as selected by our Wattpad staff will be featured in a reading list on the LGBTQ profile, and sent to 20th Century Fox for judging.

One submission as chosen by Wattpad and 20th Century Fox will win a Love, Simon prize pack, including the following:

1 signed Love, Simon Poster, a Love, Simon T-Shirt, a Love, Simon Pin, a Signed Love, Simon Novel AND a shout out of your story from the LGBTQ profile! 

Consider the thought starters below for your entries:

- Is your truth the online equivalent of a mic drop? How will you drop the mic on the world?
- What ways will you use this letter to express the sentiment: "I'm just like you, and I deserve love"?
- How will use your note to the world to make a statement about your life?

Submit your story by March 9th at 11:59pm PST.

Submission Guidelines:

1. Your story must be in English
2. Your story can be a maximum of 500 Words. Anything over that will be disqualified!
3. Entrants must be legal residents of the United States and 13 years of age or older at the time of entry
4. You can enter as many times as you want, as long as your entries meet our guidelines.
5. Your story must be original and created by YOU!
6. Your story must be tagged #LoveSimon