Chapter 4: A Box of Memories

Dan's P.O.V.

After hours on finding ways to prevent Phil from knowing who Ellie is, I managed to get him away from her for 3 hours straight. We arrived at the Lester residence at 10 pm and Phil is starting to look puzzled.

"Dan, what just happened?" he asked.

"It seems that your whole school knows about us" I said as I don't want Phil to think of me as suspicious.

One of the things I've learnt in Law School, try to let the person not know what your main intensions are. That is what I'm trying to do right now. If Phil remembers Ellie again, this will happen:

November 10 2012: (4 Days Prior from the Upload of the Breakup video)

It was 12pm in the afternoon and me and Phil were looking through a box labelled 'A box of memories'. Phil got it from his old house in the attic before moving into London and wanted to share some of his old memories of his past.

"Who's ready to see my past?" asked Phil.

I got the cutter ready and we opened the box. We saw lots of interesting stuff from the late 80's to early 2000's. Old artwork, toys, collectables, games and others.

We were at the living room and I saw an album labelled 'Phillie = Phil + Ellie'. I opened it and it was a younger version of Phil kissing Ellie, movie tickets, letters and the chat logs written on paper along with other memorable stuff.

I've taken out a photo with Phil holding hands with this girl and asked him who she is.

"Hey Phil, who's this girl?" I asked.

Phil looked at the photograph and he recognised her straight away.

"Oh, it's just my ex-girlfriend Ellie" he said.

"Oh, how long we're you guys together?" I asked.

"I don't know, a month I guess" said Phil.

I've looked into this album and told Phil it was actually a week. He first tried to deny it but I showed him his written chat logs on a sheet of paper.

"Oh no..." said Phil.

Phil got the box and the photo I took hold off and went to his room. He didn't came out for 3 hours straight. I continued looking through his past till I've noticed it's 6 pm and he's not yet out.

I went to the front door of Phil's bedroom and knocked.

"Phil, are you ok mate?" I asked.

"Leave me alone!" he yelled.

I was shocked to hear that but as a friend, I needed to go in. I got the spare key and opened his locked door. I saw him with the items of the box being scattered along the ground of his room while It's Gotta Be You by One Direction is being played along with other songs from the 90's. Phil is just moaning on the ground with tears coming out with his eyes.

I know Phil loves lions so I got out the small lion from his shelf and let it creep towards him.

"Hello" I said with a goofy voice. "Mr Lion is asking Phil to put that frown upside down".

Phil grabbed the lion out of my hand and just threw it to the wall. This is an all new low for my best friend.

"What is the point of life if the one that loves you will end up forgetting about you just because some other guy is hotter than the one she is currently with" said Phil in a sad voice.

"Phil, are you now in an existential crisis?" I asked. "Because I can help. I've been through this before".

"You're used to it but I'm not" said Phil. "My heart is now shattered again. My life... I will die alone. I will never know what it is like to get married and have kids or grandkids and... maybe... just maybe I should have listened to my old man".

"Philip, that's just crazy talk!" I said. "I've been through this before but now, I'm guess we need you to let this feeling out of you".

"How?" asked Phil.

"The way we always do it... posting it online!" I said.

I looked at the piece of paper and saw her username is Lucy123 so we decided to call her Lucy for the sake of it.

Me and Phil started to try to work on this video. Took a long while for him to think this is just a funny story. I know Phil mentions about his week relationship in previous videos but at that time, he doesn't remember much... till the box came.

After 2 days of filming, I offered to edit and upload to his channel and at the same time, Phil just laid down on the bed... wondering where his love life is going. On the time it was uploaded, I told Phil that I will be hiding all the memories that will remind him of Ellie so everything on that box is now safely hidden in the apartment. It can never be thrown away as it contains Phil's past. If Phil is ready to revisit that memory, the box will come out from the dark.

The next day, the video was uploaded and Phil felt better. I told Phil that if he is ready to revisit that box I kept from him, he must be able to watch 'The Breakup' without going through an existential crisis. Phil never watches it and as time passes, memories of him and Ellie started to fade away again. He now thinks that the one week relationship was with another person and it's just a joke.

NOW:

"Boy, I am tired!" said Phil. "Let's enter and get some sleep so we can go home to London".

"If you say so" I said.

We entered the house entered the guest bedroom and went to sleep. I am glad that Phil doesn't remember anything about her so far.

Ellie's P.O.V.

Phil Lester.... That boy in my reunion.... Surely that can't be my Philip. Phil is more of the animal person. He cannot be famous. I'm now confused. I looked into an album of my past memories in my parent's house and saw a picture of me and Phil kissing. I saw the resemblance. It is him...! Why did James wanted me to stay away from him then. Now... I need to do some research about this Phil and see why I am now forced to stay away from him...