"Do you have some kind of power we don't know about that will help?" He tugs again, with a bit more force and I know he is right. What could I actually do if I stay?

"Well no, but-" I could talk to David if he was behind it. Try and get him to call a truce maybe?

"Then get in the car!" Mum orders and with a final look, I climb in.

"Crap that was intense!" Jack sounds much too excited for the situation as he slides in beside me and trapped between my siblings, I couldn't go anywhere even if I wanted to. "We were, like, stuck and yeah."

"Stuck?" Mum asks as Dad starts to reverse the second Luke is in.

He spins the car around and we drive off, soon hitting the main road as we head back towards home. Just like that, it's over?

"Yeah. We just couldn't shift and well, the more i tried it was like i suddenly didn't want to. Was it the same for you?" He asks Luke.

"Pretty much. It was this feeling of being lost. Like you knew what you wanted to do, but not really the reason why or the purpose of it." He sounded much to grown up for my liking. "It was actually kind of terrifying"

Jake only nods.

"Well, it's over now." Dad mumbles, not slowing as we leave the highway and head into town.

"For now." Mum looks at him and sitting in the middle, I can see the looks exchanged.

"The witch will fix it right, and Aiden?" Luke asks, the hint of panic in his voice unmissable and no wonder after what happened.

Before I can answer Dad does. "Doesn't matter. We're leaving."

"You can't just run away and-" I protest.

"We can." He growls. "I know people that will be able to help us."

"Oh really, what kind of people exactly?"

"Not now Samara!" Mum snaps. "This isn't up for discussion!"

"The hell it is!" Jake slams his fist against the door, snapping the plastic moulding of the cars interior. "I agree with Sam. We can't run."

"What if something had happened to you two? You survived this time, but there could be a next time. I'm not willing to risk any of you crossing paths with that, that, monster again. We are leaving. End of story." She tells him calmly, a tell-tale mum sign that if we keep pushing her, she would soon explode.

Good. Let her.

"We are doing what is best for all of you." Dad backs her up, our eyes meeting in the rearview mirror as he glances my way.

"You don't get to make those kind of decisions for me anymore!" Mum flinches yet he barely blinks. "Tell me, Dad, have you been talking about me to those people, the ones with the hybrids? Or what gave you a conscious Mum, not to leave me with monsters? Are they the ones you plan to run to now?"

"We were never going to leave you! We just wanted to make sure we were prepared for anything that might happen as you grew!" Mum answered. "They said they could help us, but I wasn't going to give up my baby. I love you Sammy, I always have and always will! We just want to protect you."

"And what about you?" I ask Dad, leaning forward in my seat.

"They're not all like them. What crap has he been filling your head with?"

"What are you talking about?" Luke frowns.

"David told me why he killed those people, the other shifters. They were monsters, and the things they did to hybrids-" I pause, unsure of how much I should say and looking back at Dad, I left it at that. "But he only found out who I am because of them, because of you!"