coda

Mark: Morning, Wendy
Sent 9:27 am

Wendy: Good morning!
Sent 9:35 am

Mark: Here's to finally seeing you regularly
Sent 10:01 am

Wendy: I'm thrilled
Sent 10:22 am

Mark: Cya there!
Sent 11:45 am

Wendy: I'm on my way!
Sent 11:48 am

•••

Mark had arrived at ICCY earlier than Wendy, however, she was not too far behind him. Immediately noticing his back due to the sense of familiarity that rushed through her body, she ran towards him, giving him a tight back hug. Knowing it was Wendy, he wasn't surprised at all because, who else would back hug him?

They walked to the building together, holding hands, and Mark pulled the door open for Wendy. He released his grip from Wendy's hand to pull out a chair for her to sit on.

"You're such a gentleman."

"For you, mostly. Anyways, I have a surprise for you."

"Really? So do I. I'll give you my surprise after yours."

"Okay."

He whistled to indicate he was ready. A red velvet ice cream cake on a plate, Wendy's favorite, was brought out. Mark had set the order already before arriving at ICCY. Wendy instantly stood up, away from her chair. He held the plate and stared deeply into Wendy's eyes.

"These past few weeks have been the best for me. I have enjoyed all of our moments together, as they were sweet and delightful just like you. I think we feel the same way about each other. We never really needed a title for our relationship, but I want to finally make things official. Will you do me the honors and be my girlfriend?"

Wendy placed the plate down and repeatedly screamed, "Yes!" She then tippy toed to grab his face and gave him a light peck. To top it all off, she dipped her finger into the cake to smear it on Mark's nose and tapped it. A series of her giggles followed after, along with a smug grin. Mark couldn't keep in his smile; he was beaming. She handed him a napkin so he could wipe it off.

"Now it's time for my surprise! Remember how you wanted me to write a song about you?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I did. And it's called Ice Cream Cake since I found it fitting how our relationship began because of our interests in this delicious dessert."

"Very fitting."

She handed him a paper with the lyrics.

"Will you sing this for me?"

"One day."

"Fine. What should we do now?"'

"Eat the cake of course!"

They ate the dessert together, feeding each other at certain points, happily.