Day 19: Easter Island

Start from the beginning

"And welcome to Easter Island aka Rapa Nui. Place is old, these dudes were carved so long ago, no one even remembers why anymore. Ten bucks says it started as a dare." He says with a grin.

"Twenty bucks says get on with it." Heather snapped.

"Yeah, today you final five are going on a highly traditional Easter Island egg hunt." This sparked my attention as I looked at him with sparkling eyes.

"Chocolate easter eggs?" Cody and I said in unison. 

"Uh, no, I'm talking the old school kind of eggs, that come from birds. You know those flying things with feathers and talons and vicious kill you in a second beaks." We all gasp at the descriptions. "Speaking of which, traditional feathered Rapa Nui headdresses. Wear them with pride chickens." We get tossed different color headdresses as mine was yellow, Heather had pink, Alejandro had blue, Cody had Purple, and Sierra had green. 

Chris then leads us to a place filled with Headstones. I blush as I look at Chris to find that the leaf only covers the front of him and not the back. My eyes glue themselves to the ground as my face was deep scarlet. 

"Hidden in these head things are a bunch of colored eggs that match your head things."

"Wow, you really did your research," Heather said sarcastically.

"Your challenge, to find three eggs in your color, then make a break for the massive underground cavern system and bookit all the way up to the highest point on the island. Reach the top with all three eggs to begin the second part of today's challenge."

"What happens if we drop an egg?" Heather asks.

"You'll have to come all the way back here for a replacement," Alejandro raised his hand, "and no,  you cannot take a backup egg." Alejandro drops his hand. "First one to the top gets a big advantage in part two. Now scramble!" I rush off, but then stop as I see a patch of grass and make a second basket putting Cody's candy in it and a little pouch just in case.

"Cody, I made you a basket so you can hold your eggs and your candy." I say as Sierra runs over to us with both a purple egg and a yellow egg as Cody already had one egg. 

"Here you two go. I found them." She places both of our eggs in our respective baskets.

"Thanks," Cody and I say together.

"Anything for my Kayody wody coons." She says as she runs off. I blush and walk off going over to Noah who had one of my eggs as I blush. Of course he'd have mine. I then walk around as I see Alejandro juggling his eggs. I hold out my basket for him. 

"That's so kind of you." He smiled placing his eggs into the basket.

"Kaylub, I found a third egg for you," Sierra said running over to see my basket. She gasped. "No, Kaylub put that basket down now!" I look at her confused before I'm being dragged off. "You should be working with Cody and me only since we have to make the right alliances. Alejandro isn't the right guy for you." I blush at her words and look away.

"Come on Kaylub, there's a hidden compartment filled with peanut butter cups." I gasp at the mention of the chocolate covered peanut butter cups and rush over to him eating some as he seemed to have found a third egg for me and was leading me into the cave. 

I blushed realizing that I was following him closely as we go through the cave. He was smirking at me when I looked up at him.

"I still can't believe you don't recognise me mi príncipe~" I blink and blush bright looking up at him in shock.

"You're the boy from the fundraiser?"

"Sí, I'm glad to know you still remember me to some extent."