Best Friends

(Not Proofread)

I shuffled through the pages of my yearbook looking at old photos of me and my friends, the memories were almost too much to handle. Me and my friends were almost inseparable until college started. They all grew up got married, had kids and I was still alone. Of course, it wasn't like I didn't wanna find love or anything like that, no guy just seemed right for me. The only guy I had in my life was my best friends ever since I was 3, Algee.

He would always make me feel better about being alone by reminding me that he was too and that it wasn't my fault and that the right guy would come and all that jazz. The other day my friends, Linny, bought over her 3 kids and I had dinner with her and her husband. I wouldn't really call Linny a friend though, ever since we got out of high school she's been trying her best to up-show me in everything. Se got married first and had kids first, she even got pregnant again recently when some rumor spread that I was pregnant as well. I don't know exactly what happened between me and her, but it definitely was some tension there. 

I pushed all of my thoughts away when I heard my doorbell ring. "It's open!". I called to the individual. Normally I would check the door, and even lock it but I live in a pretty good neighborhood and I could clearly see Algee's car parked outside of my house. 

"Hey, big head". He said slapping me on the head, playfully. 

"Why you so aggressive". I said laughing.

"What's wrong with you? Why you look so down". He said. He could always tell when there was anything wrong with me. Like that time he figured out I accidentally killed my pet hamster, but I told everyone else he had cancer and died.

"I've just been so lonely lately, I don't know why". I said still slowly flipping through pictures in our yearbook. 

"Why don't you go on that dating site? I hear some great relationships have started from that".

"You really think so?".

"Yeah, create your account, set a few dates up for tonight and I'll even chaperone in case anything goes wrong". 

***

A few hours later, I had a few dates lined up tonight. I was already on my way to the first one. 

"So you promise you'll stay in the car?". I asked Algge cautiously. 

"Yeah, I got you. Don't worry bout". He said planting a kiss on my cheek. 

I walked into the restaurant. I saw a guy sitting all by his lonesome, I figured he was my guy. 

"Hello". I sat down and smiled at the guy. He was pretty cute, but not my type. 

He smiled at me and poured a glass of wine. 

We sat for a few minutes in silence, until he broke it

We sat for a few minutes in silence, until he broke it. "So tell me about yourself". He said taking of sip of wine. 

"Well um I'm 23". I started by was interrupted by a phone call he was taking