She was terrifying..

She was a monster...

Will Sabo hate me?..

Strength. I need to get stronger. This has to end..

________________________

I looked out through the rigid hole that's supposed to be a window in this old carriage to look at the gardens, I was wearing a dark (F/C) veil covering my entire face, matching my silk formal wear, I looked out seeing the place I once called home slowly disappear in the horizon, onwards to the Palace I guess..

"..Are you alright?"

I snapped out of my saddened haze and returned to reality, setting my eyes on Shuraiya, a man who was promised a wife and a family, all to be taken away..I can relate..

"I'm quite alright..How have you been since Antonia's..passing.."

"It's been rather dull, Lady (Y/N), but my current focus is to help care for Prince Sabo's family since that was Lord Sanji's last order before moving to a safer country with Princess Lucy.."

All I did was nod, my slight smile being hidden under the veil that reached past my throat, as we grew closer to the capital, I started hearing chirping and looked out once again seeing we're passing the small village outside the capital, I noticed some bystanders waving at the front of the run-down carriage, undoubtedly at Coby, who was always sweet with the villagers, my mind swept off to Suleiman who stayed back at my home town due to his duties, not noticing the carriage stopping.

"Lady (Y/N), the horses are taking a rest, would you like to stretch your legs?"

_________________

A few moments later, I was walking in my disguise, which to be quite honest felt familiar, as it was my old attire that used to wear in my own village where I grew to fall in love with Leo, it's..my only reminder left of him, I didn't wear a cloak as I normally would when I was considered a princess. Rather this time choosing to let my hair down and not conceal myself, as no one ever actually found out who that "Russian woman" who mysteriously stole Prince Sabo's heart actually looked like, so I as well chose not to wear the veil and let my corrupted skin be touched by rays of sunlight.

I walked along the various twists and turns through the village's market that was located by the docks while Coby and Shuraiya looked at the contents that were being sold, it was refreshing.

I heard a whimper, a soft one, and then a whine of sort that was mixed with a growl, I turned around to see a couple of bandits hovering around a boy, about 9 or 10 perhaps, he was balancing an oddly small canine in his arms.

"Give is the dog, child"

"Don't call me a child!"

"Well you certainly act like one, just like your mother who recently left you a few weeks back! Stupid cow.."

"Do not call her that!"

My eyes were glued in the scene, "Lady (Y/-" started Coby while making his way towards me from behind me,

I raised a hand, signaling him to stop, cutting him off, before lowering it and starting, "Coby.."