The Star And The Criminal

Start from the beginning

I chuckle then cover my mouth. Shit shit shit.

He stops and listens. "I have to go." He said quickly. "That was a really familiar laugh..." he said softly. He started looking around.

I shouldn't have laughed. But that was funny! I stayed hidden.

Then jack came over to my hiding spot and looked directly at me.

Fuck.

He looks confused. He kneels down. "What the fuck is this?" He said softly. He reaches out to touch me and his hand goes right through my body as he waves it around.

He can't see me.

He jumps back and looks at his hand. "That's freaky..." He said. He pulled out his phone.

Using it as a filter, he takes a look through the camera.

He saw me.

He drops his phone. "WHAT THE FUCK!" He screams.

I'm still hiding under the table. I don't want to say anything. He backs up. "Holy shit holy shit holy shit. Anti?" He asks softly. "That was a total joke! I swear to god! I'm fucking.... I'm hallucinating right now. I have to be."

"Anti? You mean-" I realize something. I've not looked at myself yet. I move from my spot and head to the bathroom, jack moving far out of my way.

Sure enough, I look way different from what I looked like in life. I looked like jack. But different. The one black eye and one septic eye, nails long like before, forked tongue, gages. Sharp teeth. A scar down my infected eye. I looked like a demon.

I ran a hand through my hair. What did that asshole do to me?

Then I realize something. If I ever saw Dustin again he would never recognize me.

That got me. I turned around and slid my back down the wall till I was sitting on the floor. I'll never get to see Dustin again. Tears pricked my eyes.

Jack creeped up to the door, his phone in his hand. "My phone is glitching out like crazy...." he whispers.

I look up at him, tears in my eyes. I don't want him to watch me cry over my lost criminal lover. I yell at him. "OUT!" And the door slams on its own, locking itself.

I was surprised. Did I do that? Either way, jack doesn't have to watch me cry now. So I let the tears go.

Even if I saw Dustin again, he wouldn't recognize me. It wouldn't be the same.

He's gone. The only one I've ever felt love for and he's gone. That to me is the real loss...

•••••••••••••••••••••

The loss was my life and my love, but I did gain something throughout all of this, and that's jack.

I don't know if it counts to call him a friend, I sure don't act like we're friends. But that's because he intimidates me because he's a YouTube star I use to watch religiously. And I'm a demon thing that is basically living off of him. Well you could hardly call it living when your dead.

But after locking myself in the bathroom for a while, I finally left and found jack talking with somebody I didn't know. It wasn't robin, or wishi, or anyone I knew, he had bright red and blue hair, glasses, and was dressed professionally. He also was sporting a gotè.

"Explain this." Jack told the other. "Literally no fucking clue what's going on I need help." Jack said.

"Is this editing?" The other asks.

"No! This is like real shit that I took before the door slammed on its own! I'm in tears I'm scared and I don't know what's going on!" Jack said.

"This is too good to be real!" The other said.

"The door shut and locked on its own!! That... demon! That demon is still in there!" Jack said.

I cringed at that word. I know what I am, but it still hurts to hear it get pointed out like that. I didn't ask for this.

The "doctor" looking person stands. "Let's go take a look." He said.

Jack stood shakily. The two turned toward me and jack got out his phone. He pointed it up and dropped it when he saw me.

"What?" The other asks.

Jack pointed shakily my direction.

The other looked up but saw nothing. He picks up the phone and points it at me. His eyes go wide. "Is this a filter?" He asks.

I walk over to them and gently touch his hand with the phone, pushing his hand down.

It works, and the others eyes go even wider, Because I could tell now that they could see me without the filter.

Jack stares at me with wide eyes and terror that could rival mine before I died.

Both of them backed away from me.

I didn't mean them any harm. I never mean anyone harm. The only time I ever actually hurt anyone was when I shot the officers before I died. I've got hurt so many times but I've never actually hurt anyone else.

Softly, I asked about my separated lover. "Do you know Dustin?...." I whispered lightly.

I did not get an answer, because those two just screamed and took off out the door.

Great.