Epilogue - Part 2

━━━━━━━━━

Epilogue - Part 2

━━━━━━━━━

"Briley! I can't take care of this child!" Bree called quietly as her sister raced around her new house. Bree and Chase had been helping the happy family move from their apartment to a new house since Briley had another child. She now had two children, Britney and Brice. Bree laughed quietly at her sister's choices of names. She had chosen to keep the whole beginning with B thing going.

"Well just watch them for like three more minutes! I'll be down there in a second." Briley called back. Bree sighed and glanced down at the three year old in her arms. In seemed like just yesterday that Briley had Britney. Now Britney was about to turn five, two years older than her littler brother. Bree jumped slightly as she felt a hand rest on her shoulder. She laughed as Chase looked down at her, smirking at his wife.

"What's up?" Chase teased as Bree rolled her eyes. Chase leaned down and sat down on a box next to where Bree was seated.

"Watching Brice. Have you seen Britney?" Bree asked, suddenly worried that she had misplaced her niece.

"She went upstairs with Brett." Chase answered without hesitation. He had attempted to catch the small child from racing up the stairs after her father, much to his dismay. He was apparently a very bad uncle when it came to things like that.

"Oh, good. I was worried I lost her. Briley would kill me." Bree teased. Chase smiled and let his hand rest on Bree's. Brice was fast asleep on her lap as Bree watched him. Making sure he wouldn't fall off.

"Do you want to take off work tomorrow? I can probably manage." Chase suggested. Bree sighed and nodded.

"Briley will need more help. Brett has to go back to work too, so she will definitely need me." Bree replied, knowing her sister would be helpless without her. Chase smiled and nodded.

"Have you seen Marcus lately?" Chase asked out of the blue. Bree shook her head. The last time she had seen the previous CEO of Greenberg Enterprises, had been about two years back. She had been out at lunch with Adam when Marcus popped up.

"Hello Mrs. Davenport. Adam." Marcus greeted as he stepped in front of the two. Bree clenched her fist around the bag that held Chase and his father's lunch. The two had stayed back to finish up end of the year paper work. It seemed as though the two were always stuck doing work on the top floor. Adam stepped up in front of Bree, blocking Marcus from getting to her.

"Marcus. I never thought I would see you again." Adam hissed down at the shorter, unemployed CEO. Bree bit her lip to keep from laughing at the back and forth between her best acquaintance and her previous boss.

"Me as well, Adam. But I actually came to speak with Bree." Marcus tried as he pointed around Adam to the not so new wife of Chase Davenport. Bree smiled slightly, trying to be polite with him.

"What is it?" Bree asked with ease, losing the act. Marcus smirked as Adam took a step aside, allowing him to face Bree head on.

"How's married life?" Marcus teased. Bree rolled her eyes.

"You can read all about it in CEO monthly. Chase and I did an interview about a month ago. Should be out any time now." Bree recited before grabbing onto Adam's arm and pushing past Marcus. Adam's car sat just feet away from where Marcus had stopped them.

"Fine." Marcus stated immaturely before storming off down the sidewalk. Bree rolled her eyes and opened the door as Adam clicked the button on his keys. She threw herself inside as she slammed the door, sitting quietly as Adam set his hands on the wheel and stared forward.