Chapter 4

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 4

━━━━━━━━━

"Oh come on! You live in a huge mansion, you're pretty much CEO of your own company, and now, you have the best assistant." Bree said as they walked into the living room. Chase carried the bowl of ice cream along with them as they sat down on the floor in front of the tv. He smirked back at her.

"Well it's kind of hard to enjoy all of this when you live in it all by yourself." Chase said lowly causing Bree's smile to fade.

"Oh, well don't you have Adam over here all the time?" Bree asked hopefully. Chase shook his head.

"Adam and I are only kind of friends. I mean, we've know eachother forever, but now we're both adults and, believe it or not, sometimes he can be more serious than me. Plus, he's married and has a kid on the way." Chase mumbled the last part as Bree's eyes widened.

"WHAT! How could you not tell me about something like that? First of all, and I'm sorry for this, but how in the world did Adam get married before you did? Second, why would this girl think he would be mature enough to handle a kid?" Bree asked as she ate her half of the ice cream. Chase laughed. Within the two hours that they've spent together, Bree already knew a lot more than Adam even knew about Chase. In turn, Chase knew a lot about Bree he never thought he would know.

"Actually, Adam and his wife have been dating since middle school. He asked her to marry him the night of their high school graduation. The rest is history." Chase explained as he ate. Bree smiled as their spoons touched for a second reaching for the same spot of the ice cream. Chase looked up to see her blushing.

"Here." Chase said as he took her spoon and picked up the last bit of ice cream. He handed her spoon over to her before he picked up the bowl and headed back to the kitchen. Bree sighed as she watched Chase make his way to the sink. She stood up and walked slowly into the kitchen behind Chase. He turned to see her holding the spoon up for him. He smiled and put it into the sink.

"So, what did you mean when you were talking about a world where Adam would get married first?" Chase smirked as he leaned against the counter. Bree smiled softly before she looked down to the floor.

"I don't know, I mean.... Your just, and Adam seems so..." Bree left off, causing Chase to laugh lightly. She looked back to him worriedly.

First step complete, now for step two.

"It's okay if you need to tell me. I know that I'm way better looking than Adam." Chase said in complete seriousness. Bree burst out laughing.

"How can you be- so serious when saying something like that?" Bree asked as she caught her breath. Chase smiled back at her.

"I try. I think I've just gotten to the point where I can act no matter what." Chase brushed it off simply. Bree stood back up straight.

"Have you been acting around me?" Bree asked quickly, worried her words would soon show some truth. Chase shook his head.

"Of course not. This is probably the most me I've been around someone for a while. You are most likely the person who knows me the best." Chase said, walking closer to her. Bree smiled up at him as he rested his hands on the counter on either side of her. She placed her hands on his chest as he caged her in.

"Really?" She asked with a smile.

"Yes, really." He said. He slowly started to move his face closer to hers. He could tell she wanted it too as she started to inch closer to him. Just as Chase was about to close the gap between them, the front door opened, then slammed shut. Chase instantly knew who it was.