eccedentesiast

a/n: it's 2 am.

Xavier

Hand in hand, we signalled Calista and left the café from the back entrance to avoid Rose. Our hands were linked till we reached Jordanna, letting go of her touch, I opened the doors for the ladies. We held hands again once I got in the car. I had to let go again to start the car up, but straight after I got into gear, my hand met hers, our fingers intertwined.

I really like holding her hand. I really like her hand. I really fucking like her.

Calista poked her head between us from the backseat. "Xavie, do I have to go home? Can't I come with you?" She whined and shook my shoulder. "A, you don't touch the driver. And B, I'm staying over at Jaida's, right?" I glanced at Jaida. Her face lit up and slowly turned her head to Calista. I saw both their faces split into manic smiles.

"Sleepover!" She yelled suddenly. The shrill in her voice attacked my eardrums.

No respect for the driver.

"Sleepover?! Xavie, I'm sleeping over!" Calista matched her enthusiasm.

Forget the driver. No respect for Xavier. I mean, what if I wanted sex?

I pouted a manly pout. "I don't think that's a good idea," I warned. "I want to boink!"

I felt a firm hand punch my arm. I yelped in pain and turned to Jaida, who looked at me dryly.

Again, back to the no respect for the driver.

"Xavier!" She scolded. Then one perfect eyebrow winged up, "No boinking tonight, remember?" She shot me a mad teasing grin.

I lifted my shoulders in a dramatic sigh. "Hello darkness, my old friend" I sang earning a stubborn twitch from Jaida's lips. I looked in my rearview mirror to see Calista frowning.

"Why can't Xavie eat?" She questioned.

With one hand on the wheel and the other clasping Jaida's, I felt her body tense. We both looked at one another. I gave her a look that said she asked you the question, not me.

Defeated, Jaida turned in her seat. "He isn't hungry, right hon?" She cast me a glare.

"Not for food," I sighed. Jaida's hand reached out to my face, making me flinch. Her hand etched closer and gently caressed my cheek at first then slowly drifted towards the nape of my neck, massaging my scalp. It felt so damn good. I was about to purr in satisfaction when-

- she slapped the back of my head so hard, my upper body jerked forward. At least she had the decency to wait till we were at a red light.

Avoiding her glare, I picked up her hand and brought it to my lips. I kissed the palm of her hand. "I'll only put the tip," I whispered against the softness of her skin. She laughed, rolled her eyes and then grinned at me. "You won't even feel anything," I added, letting go of her hand. "Just this much," I gestured to the length between my outstretched thumb and pinkie. She threw her head back, laughed and shook her head.

God, her laugh. It reminded me of a bloody hyena crossed with a parrot but I loved it. It almost beat the sound of her moans and screams.

Almost.

I wanted to be the one who made her laugh, moan and scream. I am the one but, for how long? How long till she thinks my words are just words? How long till her past catches up with her? How long till those walls build themselves up? How long till she pushes me away, again?

It doesn't really matter. I have a hammer in the boot of my car. I'll wreck the walls down if I have to. It's Jaida, and it will be her for a long while. Till she decides otherwise. I want her and only her. She needed love and affection so badly. My heart ached every time she would tilt her head and question my motives. She's a strong woman and she's gone through a lot.