69. Valentines Day

Start from the beginning

"What was your favorite part of the museum, my love?" Shawn asked me.

"I really liked the art of Europe and the photography sections, although the photography section was a little small. What did you like honey?" I asked him in return.

"I really liked those too but I think that my favorite part was either the contemporary art or the art of the ancient world." Shawn said, causing me to smile.

"I liked those too." I said. We soon arrived at a fancy place for dinner. Was I dressed properly?

"Shawn this is too much. Am I even dressed properly?" I asked.

"Darling, nothing is too much for you. You're dressed perfectly. I told you to wear something fancy and you did." Shawn said. He was wearing a white dress shirt that was rolled up to his elbows, showing off his tattoos, and black dress pants. He looked amazing, per usual.

"You look so good Shawn." I said. He blushed.

"So do you, my love." He said. Now it was my turn to blush. "Shall we go in?" He asked. I nodded my head. As I unbuckled my seatbelt he ran around to my side of the car to open the door for me and offer me his arm.

"You are quite the gentleman Shawn." I said while giggling. He laughed too.

"I try to be." He said.

"Well you do very well." I said. We went inside the fancy restaurant. You could tell that they set up the place for Valentine's Day because it looked so beautiful.

"Hi, the reservation is under Mendes." Shawn said to the hostess. Wait a second, he had been planning this? Wow. Shawn and I were soon seated.

"Shawn, you've been planning this?" I asked.

"Of course I have, it's Valentine's Day, so it's a very special day." He said.

"Then why did you ask if I was doing anything today?" I asked.

"Because I wanted to surprise you. I knew you weren't doing anything but I wanted to play it off as if I didn't know." Shawn said with a smile while looking proud of himself.

"Gosh do I love you Shawn. You do so much for me. I don't know what I did to deserve you." I said.

"I love you too. I ask myself what I did to deserve you everyday. Darling, I would move mountains for you." Shawn said, causing me to tear up a little while I smiled at him.

"My cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing and giggling all day." I said while I was giggling and smiling. Shawn threw his head back in laughter.

"Oh honey, that makes me happy to hear. I love making you smile and laugh and giggle. Your smile is like artwork to me and your giggles and laughter are like music to my ears." Shawn said. Shawn could be quite the romantic, and he always made my heart flutter.

"You make me so happy Shawn." I said after we finished our meals.

"You have made me the happiest man on the planet. You are so divine my love. Now come on, let's get home and we can change into our pajamas and cuddle while we watch television or a movie. Maybe we can watch Radio?" Shawn asked, bringing up my favorite movie.

"God I would love to do all of that. Get into more comfortable clothing and just snuggle and put on Radio." I said. Shawn smiled at me, showing off his pearly whites. We got in the car and drove home.

.........

Shawn pulled his jeep into our driveway. As soon as we got inside, we immediately ran up the stairs and changed into our pajamas. I wore my grey sweatpants with Shawn's army green hoodie while he put on grey sweatpants and another army green hoodie.

"Hey," he said "Would you look at that? We match." Shawn said, obviously happy with our accidental matching outfits. I giggled for the millionth time that day/night.

"That's so funny. Now come on, let's go snuggle on the couch. I want to lay my head on your chest. Is that okay?" I asked Shawn. Shawn put his hand to my cheek and rubbed it with his thumb, making me nuzzle my cheek into his hand and making me feel happy.

"Darling, that is more than okay. That sounds perfect." Shawn said with a gorgeous smile spread across his handsome face. I smiled back at him. Shawn and I walked out of our bedroom, down the stairs, and into our living room.

"Shawn?" I asked. He stopped walking and turned around to look at me.

"Yes my love?" He asked.

"Before you lay down on the couch, I just want to give you a hug and have you a hold me for a second." I said, suddenly feeling clingy and needy. Shawn smiled at me. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck loosley. He kissed my forehead and let his lips linger, his way of letting me know that he loves me. He then rested his forehead against mine. It felt so good. I felt so in love and he needed to know that. I leaned my head up and let me lips make contact with his. I felt butterflies erupt throughout my stomach, I felt sparks throughout my body, and my heart started to beat faster. I made sure to express all of my love and passion for him into the kiss. It was one of the most passionate, one of the best kisses we have ever shared.

"Darling, I think that was one of the most amazing kisses we've ever shared. Now come on, let's lay on the couch." Shawn said, taking my hand and leading me to the couch. He laid down first, and then I laid down on the couch. I put my head on his chest, and closed my eyes, letting myself listen to his heartbeat.

"Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes beautiful?" Shawn responded.

"I love you. Happy Valentine's Day." I said.

"I love you too. Happy Valentine's Day, my love." Shawn said.

God am I in love with him.