"Anyway," the redhead went on, his tone becoming moody once again, "the only thing he's forcing Malfoy to do is torment us some more."

That brought them back to the topic at hand.

Hermione sighed. "Well, I can make another Galleon, and I'll bring the list – but are you sure, Harry?"

The boy glanced at her wryly. "No. But like I said, not much I can do, is there?"

xxx

"And who are you?"

Harry blinked at the sultry tone coming from a portrait. He stared up at the dark haired woman in perplexity, wondering if there was a correct response he could possibly give.

"I asked you a question, darling," Lilith purred, making him start.

"Oh, uhm, Harry. Harry Potter."

She smiled, her blood red lips curving up at the corners. "Is that so? And what, may I ask, is such a handsome boy doing around here?"

Harry blushed. "Actually, I came for Malfoy. I don't suppose you could let him know?"

She arched a thin black eyebrow. "What, the blond? Such an obnoxious boy, that one. He never speaks to me – not like you, my dear. Why don't you stay and talk with me, instead?"

"Uhm…" Really, what other reaction was there?

As if in answer to his silent prayer, the large gilded frame suddenly swung forwards, revealing the blond in question standing in the doorway.

"Potter, were you flirting with my portrait?" was the incredulous greeting.

Again, Harry felt his face heat up with embarrassment. "No! She was… she was flirting with me. I think."

Malfoy gave him a deadpan stare before reluctantly stepping out to join him. The painting swung closed behind him, and he turned slightly amused grey eyes on the sorceress. "Nympho," he accused, smirking. She huffed indignantly and disappeared from the frame, stalking off into another somewhere along the corridor.

"Ready to get this over with?" the Gryffindor muttered as they began walking towards the staircase.

"You sound so enthusiastic. What makes you think my presence at your little amateur group isn't going to be an all-around success?" the blond commented innocently.

Harry snorted, almost amused. "Yeah. Right."

xxx

Their reception was everything Harry had imagined it would be. He entered the Room first, and was met with absent smiles from most of the DA, which abruptly froze over at the sight of the person following him.

Within seconds, a riot of protests had erupted as the room's occupants surged forwards, some of them already pointing wands at the Slytherin in their midst. Only Ron and Hermione looked unaffected by the abrupt arrival, though Ron was scowling darkly and Hermione looked worried. Near them, Neville had gone pale with fright and Ginny was red with indignation.

Out of the corner of his eyes, Harry thought he actually saw Malfoy take half a step back when confronted with such open hostility. Taking pity on him, the Gryffindor firmly placed himself between the dozens of aimed wands and their target.

Finally, blessed silence fell across the room as the DA stared at their leader in confusion. Harry blinked, realising why even Malfoy would be intimidated by the sight of thirty or so people bearing down on him, hexes already on their lips.

Raising his hands in what he hoped was a calming gesture, he waited expectantly until the wands were slowly lowered. That was when the questions began.