Doing it for the Kids - Chapter Seven

Start from the beginning

Hendrick had stayed away for two days, but he couldn't handle it any more, he had barely slept and had caught up with everything outstanding, so now he had nothing to do. He couldn't work out how he felt about Violet, other than she occupied his every thought. He was preparing madly to take everything from her, he deserved that and realized that it might hurt her, and ruin their blossoming friendship. But his desire for revenge was greater than his desire for her. Wasn't it?

Jan had flown the plane back up after he'd come to Pretoria, he had supplies to collect and errands to run. He was due back into town tomorrow, but he couldn't wait that long. He needed to see her and clear the air, he needed to start functioning again, and he'd do whatever it took to achieve that. So he decided he'd drive, take his four wheel drive for the five hour drive.

It had been a long and unrewarding drive, and at one point he had to stop as he could barely see through a severe rain downpour. Finally at 9pm he pulled in through the compound gates. He really should shower, he'd been on a dusty road all day, but he needed to see her, to clear the air, then he could get back to normal.

He knocked the front door of the house, but there was no answer, trying the door he wasn't surprised to find it open. There was barely any need for locking doors on this enclosed complex.

"Hello?......Violet?"

Hendrick checked the kitchen, and the lounge. He was just about to give up, thinking she must be in bed, when he heard a noise outside. Making his way to the doors to the garden, he stopped mesmerized by the sight that greeted him. Violet was stood on the poolside, about to dive in, illuminated by the setting sun behind, her dark wet hair brushed off her face, dripping down her back; she was wearing what he could only describe as the skimpiest, tightest, sport shorts and an athletic bra top. He'd never noticed how curvaceous she was, but then he'd never seen her in anything other than loose jeans and t-shirts. From this angle, he had the perfect view of her rounded bottom in those ridiculously clingy shorts. With that she dived into the pool, barely making a splash.

Sitting on the patio, his body felt wired by electric as he watched her expertly cut clean strokes through the pool as she repeated length after length of the small pool, starting each length with a racing turn.

He felt a little voyeuristic watching her when she was unaware he was there. He was just about to leave, let her finish her swim, when she stopped and started to heave herself out of the water. It was a beautiful sight, her lithe body emerging from the water, rivulets running down her body as she stretched to her full height and squeezed the water from her hair.

Turning she gasped seeing Hendrick sat there, grabbing for a towel she wrapped it around herself.

"What is it with you?" she snapped, before getting angry with herself, she'd wanted to apologize to him, and here she was shouting at him again.

Hendrick was prepared this time, "nice to see you too Violet!" but he added a rather lecherous look up and down her, which left her under no illusions that he had been watching her closely. As he raised an eyebrow in challenge, she realized that he wasn't disappointed with what he saw. She flushed, heat warming her face and neck. The fact only made him more angry.

"Had a good look have you?"

He chuckled, "nowhere near enough!"

She shook her head, "I had the best of intentions of apologizing for snapping before you left, but it proves I was right, you are a supercilious bastard!"

With a dramatic huff, she turned on her heel and headed indoors. She took a long cool shower, trying to ignore the mental images of him and the look of desire she'd caught in his eyes earlier. Scrubbing angrily at her hormone ravaged body, she was determined to be adult about this.