Chapter Eight- Dream A Little Dream Of Me

~ ~ ~

Steve's POV

"Help us stop the train." Zoey pleads, and the Maximoff twins nod. The train has now crashed onto the busy Seoul roads, heading towards many people at an alarming speed.

The Maximoff girl begins using her telekinesis powers to halt the train through the brakes, while Zoey flies out and stays in front of the train, attempting to use forcefields to slow the large vehicle down.

"Civilians in our path." I tell the boy. Who nods and speeds away, removing several people from the path of the train.

I run to the front of the train, holding up my shield as we go through a brick wall. The impact pushes me back to the ground, but it protects the passengers from being hit by the debris.

"It's working!" I shout as the train begins to slow, eventually coming to a easy stop halfway down the street. The train jolts into a resting position and I let out a sigh; we saved these people from death, but Ultron still got away with Natasha.

I see Zoey through the broken windows. She lowers herself to the ground and keels over in exhaustion. Her shoulders move quickly with each breath, but she seems alright. Around us civilians move to help the passengers off the train, while I go to check on my girl.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask her. She nods in exhaustion, wincing slightly as she gets to her feet. I take her arm and help her up, leading her over to the Maximoffs, who are reuniting.

"I just need a minute." The exhausted boy tells the girl. I frown and walk forward.

"I'm tempted not to give you one." I say firmly.

"The Cradle." Wanda asks me immediately. "Did you get it?"

"Stark will take care of it." I tell her.

"No, he won't." She says sadly, her expression darkening.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Zoey steps forward. "Tony isn't crazy."

"He will do anything to make things right." Wanda says darkly.

"Stark, come in. Stark." I turn away, speaking into my earpiece. There's no reply from Tony or the team. "Anyone on comms?"

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it." Wanda looks at Zoey. "Where do you think he gets that?"

Zoey stares at the young girl for a long moment, her expression unreadable. I watch as she sets her jaw and turns away.

"Let's head to the airport. Maria will set up a jet to New York." She tells me, glancing over her shoulder at the twins. "We're taking them with us."

I nod, gesturing to the Maximoffs to follow.

~ ~ ~

Wanda's POV

Pietro and I sit in the jet together in silence. We fear what retribution may be at the end of the flight, but we know that going with the Avengers was the right thing to do. We need to help them stop Ultron, especially because I helped them create him.

Pietro keeps his head down, but I watch the two Avengers sitting across from us. Captain America and the Rebird; the world's superhero sweethearts. I remember watching them years ago, fighting together against alien attacks and evil corporations. They've always been a team, a couple, but today they seem to be anything but.

I notice Captain Rogers glancing at Zoey every few minutes. The man is terrible at hiding his emotions, and the worry is clear on his face. She does not look at him, instead turns to us, a troubled look on her own face.