Keith x Gender Neutral Reader

Start from the beginning

But [Name] didn't want to stand there today. Some boys, probably not from their college, were standing there and spray painting the gate.

[Name] frowned and just stood facing the road, hoping that the boys wouldn't notice them. [Name] set down the plant and crouched down, and again started to touch the leaves in the Lilac.

The [hair color, blonde, raven, etc.] watched the road, hoping that the bus would come right now so they could get away from this situation.

[Name] plays hard to get, sometimes, but in situations like this, they've got two emotions. One: why the fuck are you talking to me? And two: I didn't do it, don't hit my face.

"Hurry up." [Name] sighed, turning their head a bit and glancing at the boys. They turned around fully when they saw that the boys were gone.

[Name] grabbed their Lilac and walked over to the new paint on the gate. [Name] huffed and took of their jacket, got it wet in the rain, and started rubbing off the new paint.

"What's going on here?" a voice asks behind them. [Name] flinches a bit, but turns around and faces the owner of the voice.

He has black hair, blue-grey eyes that bore into [Name], and he was wearing all black except for a red—with some white on it—jacket. (A lot of us know what Keith looks like) He had a motorcycle helmet tucked under his right arm, and behind him was his motorcycle.

He was that person [Name] saw heading to their college. [Name] stood up and folded their jacket. "Sorry. I was just cleaning up the new paint that was on your gate...with my jacket. I didn't want the paint to dry, so I started cleaning it."

The boy looked at [Name]'s jacket and [Name] looked down. "Come inside, I'll clean your jacket."

"Ah...no it's okay, you know. I'll just clean it when I get home."

"Nonsense."

He walked past [Name] and stole their jacket before they could protest anymore. And since they had nothing better to do, they picked up their Lilac and walked into the shop after the boy opened it.

"My name's Keith, and it looks like you're also into gardening?"

[Name] looked down at their Lilac in the pot and squeaked. "Yeah...I wanna be a florist when I'm done with college. I'm [Name], by the way." [Name] smiled at the Lilac in their hands.

He side glanced at [Name] and smiled a little bit. "Hmm."

"Ah, Keith. Is this your shop?" The [hair color] said as they looked around the shop.

"No. It's my dad's, but he usually runs late so he wants me to open up and get it ready for customers."

[Name] couldn't stop asking questions as Keith put their jacket in the washer and they sat there talking. [Name] talked to Keith more than to their friends. It wasn't surprising though.

This boy and [Name] had a lot more in common.

"Keith, are you in college still?"

"Yeah. I think we go to the same one."

"Mine's down the road."

"So is mine."

[Name] stares at Keith. "I never knew you went there! How come I've never seen you?"

Keith scratched the back of his neck. "Ha...ha...ha..."

[Name] tilted their head and said, "You okay?" Keith only nodded. "Um...I just wanted to say thanks. You know, for letting me talk to you and helping me with my jacket."